It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Twitching in arm/pressure in head

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2003, 01:35 PM   #1
    debos

debos HB User
    Post Twitching in arm/pressure in head

I posted in the headache section but what I experience is not exactly a headache. I have pressure in the left, front side of my head, sometimes intense (it feels like my brain is going to explode) and sometimes is in my face as well. It's been going on for 4-5 months off and on, more on lately. Now for the last 2 days I've had constant twitching in my left arm which only worries me because my mom's co-worker went to the doc. for twitching in her arm and was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Does anyone have similar symptoms or any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2003, 10:22 AM   #2
    CKG5969

CKG5969 HB User
    I also have similar problems, my head feels like a dull kind of pain sometimes, off and on. My right hand twitches between my thumb and forefinger, and sends pain through my arms,and other hand. I have been to the neurologist several of times and had a MRI of my brain, and they just said it looked normal, I am going to go to another Neurologist soon.
    Good luck, you are not alone.

Old 08-14-2003, 06:36 PM   #3
    tenortime

tenortime HB User
    WOw, someone konws how I feel. I woke up a few weeks ago my face kind of tingly and numb and this odd pressure from my cheek clear through to the back of my head. It doesnt hurt but feels strange, and it makes me feel have a floating feeling as if im a step behind my body. Sound familiar?? I have pressure in my ear too. I had an mri and went to the neurologist and she said nothing there but she wants me to have a spinal tap. Who knows. Do you experience forgetfulness, brain fog and some dizziness/balance issues with this?? Let me know please. The neuro did tell me about a condition that is called psuedo tumor which is fluid on the brain which sounds like this condition.

Old 08-14-2003, 06:38 PM   #4
    tenortime

tenortime HB User
    oh yea i have the twitching in my muscles most often the bottom eyelid and other places too

Old 08-25-2003, 09:09 PM   #5
    staind00

staind00 HB User
    I also have this pressure in my head, and sometimes it gets really intense, It feels horrible

Old 08-28-2003, 09:12 PM   #6
    ballmom14

ballmom14 HB User
    I have the exact same problems. No idea

Old 09-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #7
    susieq03

susieq03 HB User
    Hello all! Sounds to me like pseudotumor. I was diagnosed with ptc a couple of years ago. Too much cranial fluid around the brain, that causes pain and pressure. Symptoms are severeheadaches, dizziness, pressure,papiledema(swelling of optic nerve), ringing and whoosing in ear, pain in neck and shoulders, short memory loss,etc. It can be treated with meds, but if that doesn't relieve the pressure,a shunt will help and if there are vision problems, optic fenestration. The only real way to tell if you have ptc, is to do an spinal tap. Don't want to scare you, but please check it out, cause untreated ptc can rob you of your vision. Take care and God Bless,SusieQ

Old 09-12-2003, 01:35 PM   #8
    prendi
    (female)

prendi HB User
    susie q i have all the symptoms u describe my doc said i had an ear infection?????

Old 09-14-2003, 12:35 PM   #9
    head1

head1 HB User
    hi all,i have ptc/bih/iih too with papilldema and i have to agree with susique on this one,sorry to scare u all but any ptc sufferere will tell u the same.symptons do vary from person to person and vissual loss neednt be present.all i can say is the same and get a good opthalmologist neurologist who seem to be the only (if any do)drs that understand this disease.good luck to all,i have a piece under pseudotumor cerebri which might help some of your questions.

Old 09-16-2003, 02:26 AM   #10
    head1

head1 HB User
    hi all,could i just ask do any of u guys suffer from pins and needles or tingling more than u normally would???Can be any area but mostly feet and hands??

Old 10-10-2003, 10:46 AM   #11
    CKG5969

CKG5969 HB User
    I dont know but I wish I could just get a diagnoses. I still feel bad, and have been to many doctors. I am going to see a Rheumatologis this time and see if they can perhaps help. Now the fasciculations are getting more painful, and my head still feels strange kind of like a dull pressure. My ears ring alot too, and when I yawn I get this thumping noise in my ears. Strange. My hands get tingly, I have been tested for MS, and had an MRI both normal. I am starting to think maybe a pinched nerve or something. My blood test keep coming back normal also. Keep me updated on any diagnosis.

Thanks,
    Celina

Oh and yes I do feel dizzy sometimes, and tingly in my arms and hands.

Closed Thread