It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• severe head pain/pressure.. please help me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
    staind00

staind00 HB User
    Unhappy severe head pain/pressure.. please help me

I went to my neurologist the other day because I have had really severe pressure in my head. Almost to the point where I cant take it anymore. Before this i had a migraine problem but my migraines seemed to ease down and now i have this pressre problem. I dont usually get a headache after the pressure, only once in a while when it is really bad. He wouldnt listened to me and insisted it was migraines. I also get bad pain in my right temple, but not like a migraine. And sometimes it hurts to touch.

I also have a 1.5 choroidal fissure cyst in my brain, does anyone have any idea what this could be, the shooting pains, the pressure, anything? any info would be appreciated.. thanks so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2003, 09:12 PM   #2
    msproperlady

msproperlady HB User
    I can definately empathize with you with the pain/pressure in your head!! I've had that for many years and have yet to get an answer as to what causes it. I do have Multiple Sclerosis and Fibromyalgia so just chalk it up to them. It does seem worse when the weather is changing and the barometer is falling. It goes along with the rest of my body pain at those times. Sometimes I've even had a "goose-egg" on my head for a couple days, but still no answer.

Hopefully yours is this same type and won't develop into anything serious. Yes, years ago I also got migraines but thankfully not in recent years.

Take care and hope you feel better soon. Hugs.......Judy

Old 11-25-2003, 02:14 PM   #3
    Gingerly

Gingerly HB User
    Re: severe head pain/pressure.. please help me

Quote:
    Originally Posted by staind00
    I went to my neurologist the other day because I have had really severe pressure in my head. Almost to the point where I cant take it anymore. Before this i had a migraine problem but my migraines seemed to ease down and now i have this pressre problem. I dont usually get a headache after the pressure, only once in a while when it is really bad. He wouldnt listened to me and insisted it was migraines. I also get bad pain in my right temple, but not like a migraine. And sometimes it hurts to touch.

I also have a 1.5 choroidal fissure cyst in my brain, does anyone have any idea what this could be, the shooting pains, the pressure, anything? any info would be appreciated.. thanks so much
    Have you thought that maybe you are getting sinus problems? I take Benedryl Allergy HEADACHE PRESSURE RELIEF capsuels everyday. Sometimes I can't tell if I have a migraine or a sinus headache. But these pills sure do work! They are over the counter, and different than plain Benedryl. I also drink some coffee with it, and then the feeling is gone. It is the only thing I have found that actually works. I tried several prescribed meds from the doctor, and they do not work like the Benedryl for Headache and Pressure. Try them and see if it helps you. Don't forget the coffee!!
    Regards,
    Gingerly

Old 11-28-2003, 03:36 PM   #4
    Murphy

Murphy HB User

Quote:

Hi there, I've been dealing w/ head-prssr for many yrs. Later my research took me to un-diag. tumor & bone infection in tmpl, sinus nerves near ear. The CN5
    or Trigeminal nerve has 3 branches & is above & near tmpl. I had massive hd-
    prssr & tmpl hurt to touch. Made squish sound sometimes. Ear fullness & hd-
    fog. Many docs & tests. Later surgeries. Fixed the tumor but not hd-prssr? I
    think it's that nerve spasming or inflammation from it's blood flow. Neuro's have
    been insulting & throw out things like Prozac, Neurontin etc. None wk'd. Quick
    sudden stabbing pains in 1 tmpl can be serious. Mine was diag. w/ a Coronal CT
    & tumor found by me! Told OK, but went to 3 docs to ? the film spot. Kept saying it's a shadow or cyst. `What U see isn't!' Finally 1 took pity & path.
    report looked very bad. Mine was a rare problem but still triggers the trig-nerve. Inflammation nearby will spasm that nerve. Any same-side eye problem
    or cheek pain or upper back tooth ache? I use 1 mg Xanax & rest. 20min., the
    prssr pops! Xanax is for anxiety but also wks. on relaxing the trig. nerve. Docs
    don't really know meds. I don't have anxiety attacks except going to see them!
    There's a `silent hdache' that reads bizarre. Like they make noises? Pinched
    nerves in neck can cause prssr too. Ask for a MRI C-spine. It's awful when it
    hits & I hope my 6th neuro I go to next mo. won't be so close minded. Any
    other symtoms? I've heard of the fissure. It can cause severe migraines.
    I think if it gets much bigger, surgery is needed. You should ask alot of ?'s.
    Stay in touch.

Old 11-30-2003, 03:07 PM   #5
    SNOOPYKK

SNOOPYKK HB User

Hi I dont know if you have the same symptoms but i can relate, i feel like there is a lot of pressure in my head - 2 years ago i had viral meningitis and since then i seem to have had this problem, during my check -ups after being discharged from hospital i informed them and was told' it will go !' now on my left side i can hear a 'heartbeat' sound similar to when you get out of a bath that was too hot when you can feel the pressure and heartbeat in your head. In addition i get occassional sharp stabbing pains in my head

Old 12-22-2003, 10:40 AM   #6
    Gingerly

Gingerly HB User

Quote:

Hi,

I'm no doctor so this is just my own opinion. I sometimes get migraines or they could be sinus headaches. They feel the same to me. I have been to so many doctors and complained about the pressure, headaches, etc., and I've tried their prescriptions that did not work. Each morning when I wake up I take 2 over the counter Benedryl for SINUS HEADACHE PRESSURE. If it is behind my eye, I make a small ice pack and apply it to my temple and my eye for a few secords. And here is the thing that makes it go away along with those two things I mentioned - and believe it or not, it is coffee. Drink some coffee, take the Benedryl and put ice on it. If this does not help, than it might be a migrane after all and I use Imatrex to take the pain away. The pressure can be awful and painful. But this should help. Remember, I am not telling you what to do, only what has worked for me when the doctor's have failed to help me.
    Regards,
    Gingerly

Closed Thread