It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• please help!! shaking muscles when tensed, feeling spaced out, slurred speech

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2005, 05:29 AM   #1
    bainbridge20

bainbridge20 HB User
    please help!! shaking muscles when tensed, feeling spaced out, slurred speech

hi there

I'm hoping there might be someone on here who has similar symptoms. Over the past year or so I've been having an on and off feeling like being in a dream world (like being high or spaced out). It comes and goes. Last summer I had labarynthitis, which cleared after about 2 months. For the next several months I felt ok, except for a constant but quite faint tinnitus in both ears.
    However, over the past 4 weeks or so I've been experiencing some slight problems with my speech, by which I mean that I sometimes have problems pronouncing words properly, especially the letters w and s and th, eg. the, through, thorough, three, etc.
    I've also noticed that when I kneel for a length of time my legs start to shake and if I tense the muscles in my arms they shake like mad. I'm becoming quite depressed about this, I'm only 20 years old and I don't know anybody else who's been having symptoms like mine. The last time I went to see my GP she gave me some medication against anxiety, although I'm not convinced that this has helped me.
    Please please, if anyone knows some answers to my problems I'd be so grateful for any replies!

Regards,

Chris from Portsmouth/UK

Last edited by bainbridge20; 01-31-2005 at 12:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
    soldatos
    Inactive
    (male)

soldatos HB User
    Re: please help!! shaking muscles when tensed, feeling spaced out, slurred speech

I have slurred speech sometimes or when I'm thinking it gets slow, But I also am off balanced and have ringing in my ear and pressure in my ahead along with middle back pain/discomfort, do you have any more symtoms, maybe even like your legs feeling weak or do you feel jittery?

Old 02-03-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
    brownjt1

brownjt1 HB User
    Re: please help!! shaking muscles when tensed, feeling spaced out, slurred speech

What anti-anxiety medicine are you taking and how much? Some of your problems sound like what I got AFTER I started taking Xanax, specifically 4-5 hours after each tablet.

Closed Thread