It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• High-pitched pulsing sound in head (just left ear)?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2005, 08:14 AM   #1
    jowi
    (female)

jowi HB User
    High-pitched pulsing sound in head (just left ear)?

Hi,
    I'm trying to figure out WHAT is causing this noise I hear at night, mainly only when I lie on my stomach with my left ear into my pillow and then listen for it (it's pretty quiet, so I only hear it at night). It's high pitched, kind of a squealing. It pulses I think between the beats of my heart and it goes UP in pitch before it fades away after about 20 beats or so.

Only on my left side - can't hear it when I turn to the right.

It kind of seemed that allergy meds were possibly making it better but I'm not sure??? I haven't been taking the allergy meds and I do have some sinus stuff going on. But could sinuses cause a unilateral PULSATILE tinnitus?

My MRI was I guess clear, though the small-town hospital that I had it taken at kind of leaves me feeling less than satisfied. I think I'll call and ask them to take a second look or have someone else look at it? I don't know for sure how to go about that. I have seen an ENT and he doesn't seem to know what this could be. Should I see a neurologist instead?

The sound is NOT normal. I'd kind of like to get to the bottom of it soon. Does this sound like anything anyone has ever heard of? Thanks!

Jody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread