It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Tingling in head/loss of balance

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
    mintsauce
    (male)

mintsauce HB User
    Question Tingling in head/loss of balance

Hi all,

I have a strange tingling in my head at the rear top right of my brain. I also get small tiny pangs of pain (more discomfort) occasionally. My right eye has over the last year gone from 20/20 vision to being slightly blurry which can be rectified if I pull the corner of my eyelids so they squash the eyeball slightly. Recently I have noticed I have started to have a loss of balance, not bad enough that I fall over but it's almost like my brain jutters long enough to throw me off, a bit like after stepping off the tea cup ride but nowhere near as severe.

Also, I get amazing headaches after exercise. I used to go down the gym for an hours session 3 times a week and if I worked out too hard i'd come home with a very bad headache that would only subside after a night of sleep. I was told this could be down to dehydration but I drink plenty of water.

I am a little worried but I don't know anything really when it comes to medical stuff. I'm looking to see if anyone who knows more could point me in the right direction or can see this as a classic symptom of something?

Any input greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by mintsauce; 03-04-2005 at 09:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
    cookingmom
    (female)

cookingmom HB User
    Smile Re: Tingling in head/loss of balance

Hello,

I was recently in the hospital for a rapid heart rate and while there experienced tingling in my head on the right side at the top of my head coming down. I had some blurred vision and tingling in my tongue and lips. They did an MRI and I found out that I had a stroke ! I am 47 so everyone was quite surprised that this happened. After 2 weeks I am home but my balance is very bad and I have left sided weakness. I am going to physical therapy. You REALLY need to see a Dr. about this - there is definitely something going on that needs checked out. I hope things get better for you.

Closed Thread