It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• CT scan versus MRI

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #1
    Kean

Kean HB User
    CT scan versus MRI

hi guys i have various sysmptoms as described on a previous thread. (see below). The neurologist did various physical tests asked questions did basic physical stuff => i have been cleared by ENT last year and Opthalmogist for floaters/visual problems last year; and the neuro couldnt find anything wrong with me. He sent me for blood tests and chest x ray which were clear. And i am scheduled for a CT scan soon.

my question is is this enough? if CT scan is clear am i destined for suffering with no answers? he seems reluctant to get mri done.........

Wot are the main conditions that MRI points out that CT cant? wot does CT scan rule out?

he gave me a migraine drug to take at night.

wot should i do?

cheers

KEAN.

> below is my previous thead.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=253612

> Hi for the past 9 months i have been getting the following symptoms:
    swallowing problems: lump in throat/ears pop and ache.
    sinus headache/nasal stuffiness: dry no catarh as if inflammed
    neck ache
    tingling in hands.
    headaches, tension and pulsing plus prickly sharp stab between eyes, pain behind eyes, burning in temples.
    vision problems: floaters, negative images, seeing stars, black blotches
    Insomnia: cant get to sleep, feel dizzy, wake up with headaches.
    fatigue due to lack of sleep probably.

i am seeing neurologist next month...at the moment quack has given amitryptaline low dose for sleep which i think helps a bit.

any ideas

thanks people.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 05:56 AM   #2
    cleopatra`
    (female)

cleopatra` HB User
    Re: CT scan versus MRI

hi
    well I can only tell you from experience, the CT scan didn't pick up my Chiari
    malformation. But the MRI showed it right up as plain as day.
    good luck.
    cleo

Old 03-09-2005, 10:43 AM   #3
    Kean

Kean HB User

yer well here in england the focking NHS is on its knees...it will probably be 3 months before CT scan........then 3 months to get results saying its clear...then another 3 months to get another appointment assuming my symptoms havent gone away then another 3 months to get MRI scheduled then another 3 monthes to get results......etc...etc...this is all assumming i am not brown bread by then.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
    Kahlia25
    (female)

Kahlia25 HB User

Kean-an Mri shows "slices" of the brain at different angles and views. It shown anything that is there. You sound as though you are having symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis-I have it. I had all those symproms and more. I hope you can get the help you need to find out what is going on....best of luck. A ct scan or Cat scan only shows certain views. My problem showed up on an MRI.......Kahlia

Old 03-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #5
    Kean

Kean HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kahlia25
    Kean-an Mri shows "slices" of the brain at different angles and views. It shown anything that is there. You sound as though you are having symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis-I have it. I had all those symproms and more. I hope you can get the help you need to find out what is going on....best of luck. A ct scan or Cat scan only shows certain views. My problem showed up on an MRI.......Kahlia
    the neuro did loads of physical reactions test..dont those rule them out? do you think he was relucutant to schedule MRI cos i looked healthy to him?

do you get the vision problems with mulitplie sclerosis? does it effect your mood?

hope you are doing fine.

thanks

kean

Closed Thread