It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Please help me, I have bad dizzy spells

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2005, 02:03 AM   #1
    Emak

Emak HB User
    Please help me, I have bad dizzy spells

28 year old male, no history of any serious medical problems, no real anxiety issues, have been to doctor after doctor with no explanation in sight! Please help me form a possible diagnosis?

1. My head feels like it is full of water all of the time, there is pressure in my head and my head constantly feels like it is swimming under water. This has been going on constantly for at least 2 years.

2. Although I have what could be described as a "dry stuffy nose", the ENT doctor recently cleared me of any sinus or ear problems. The level of blockage in my nose is usually consistant with the amount of pressure I'm feeling in my head at the moment.

3. Occasionally I will have EXTREME dizzy spells where the room bounces around VIOLENTLY and/or spins out of control. These events normally only last a few seconds to a few minutes, but the "lingering effects" of these events have lasted days before on occasion, especially when laying down on my side or tilting my head back. This dizziness is not caused by sudden movement, but rather is constant in any position when it occurs.

4. There are days when I experience no dizziness at all, however the pressure in my head is allways there, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year.

5. There seems to be no particular trigger that sets off the dizzy spells, they happen for no apparent reason at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2005, 03:00 AM   #2
    JCFUWBS
    Inactive
    (female)

JCFUWBS HB User
    Re: Please help me, I have bad dizzy spells

What Tests Have Been Done?

Old 05-05-2005, 03:40 AM   #3
    Emak

Emak HB User

Only a CT scan and thyroid blood test, i dont have insurance so it's a night mare.........

Old 05-05-2005, 06:47 AM   #4
    MiriamOLong
    (female)

MiriamOLong HB User

your symptoms sound similar to mine. I've been told that it is positional vertigo even though my dizziness doesn't happen when I move my head, it sounds a lot like yours. Also i have constant head pressure as well and i do have high blood pressure which my doctor may think is related. do you know if you have high blood pressure?? high blood pressure can also cause dizziness
    It sucks and it's definately not fun. I'm getting an MRI next week and I'm pretty scared about it, but anyway......My doctor did mention something about an acoustic nueroma, (sp??) which causes dizziness. Which may be something for you to look into also. Apparently ct scans aren't as thorough as an MRI so you might want to think about that.......
    i hope i was somewhat of a help for you...good luck with everything

Old 05-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
    kirafaye
    Inactive
    (female)

kirafaye HB User

Def9inatly get an Mri cause they are almost the only to see certain problems like MS, chiari, brain tumour etc etc etc etc.....there si a long list of ok to nasty problems

Closed Thread