It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• inflammation of the brain & fluid at top of spine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
    mols
    (female)

mols HB User
    inflammation of the brain & fluid at top of spine

well i had my MRI brain and neck scan last month, i was back up with my consultant on monday and he gave me my results.
    I have a serious amount of inflammation spots all over the inside of my brain and fluid at the top of my spine.
    he told me this won't shorten my life and it's not a tumour or cancer,
    but i am still so very worried.
    I just get so anxious and worried when i think about it.
    consultant says it could be a number of things but didn't want to give me any suggestions before i had more blood tests to rule in or out some of things he thinks it could be.
    in a way he did the right thing not suggesting any possible illness/disease incase it turned out to be completely different.
    i'm back up to see him in just over 2 weeks and i can't wait. i'm just really eager to find out what this is
    has anyone else been told they have inflammation of the brain and fluid at the top of their spine/neck?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
    tiramisu08
    (female)

tiramisu08 HB User
    Re: inflammation of the brain & fluid at top of spine

hey, sorry that youre going through all this and everyting u just said seems very scarry since it has to do with your brain. I`m 14 and i think i may have some questions for you if you dont mind answering...here i goo: What made you get a MRI scan on your brain in the first place? Did you get elbowed or hit in the head in the past year? Even if you didn`t pass out when getting hit (it counts as getting hit) did you feel any symptoms of this coming on? If you could answer this that`ll be great. Thanks/

Closed Thread