It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Head pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
    McGloogan
    Inactive
    (male)

McGloogan HB User
    Head pressure

Hi, I'm a 16 year old boy. I am obese, and have been overweight for most of my life. I'm 6'1. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs.

In early July 2005, I started having a squeezing tension in my lower forehead. I still get this from time to time, but I figured out that putting muscle cream on it makes it go away.

In mid-late August 2005, I started getting head pressure in the back of my head. I only feel the pressure when I'm sitting or laying down. When I'm walking around or doing activity, I do not feel this pressure. Also, when I look down at the ground I don't feel this pressure. The pressure isn't constant, its off and on, worse some days than others. It hasn't gotten any worse since it started, if anything its gotten slightly better.

The thing I also noticed is, I have pain in my upper back. I've actually had this since about early July, when the forehead tension began. I slept in a waterbed for most of my life, but ever since late May, I began sleeping on a mattress. Could this be causing the back pain?

Anyways, the thing I don't know is if the head pressure is causing the back pain, or if the back pain is causing the head pressure.

Of course, when I had head pressure- the first thing I thought was a brain tumor. But I've looked up symptoms of brain tumors and head pressure was not included in any of the lists I've seen.

I haven't had any other symptoms associated with this- no headaches, vision problems, dizziness, coordination problems, blackouts, personality changes, laziness, etc. In other words- it hasn't affected my daily life at all. It is just simply pressure in the back of my head and light pains in my back.

Does this sound life threatening? I am worried, but part of me thinks I may be overreacting to this. Does it sound like it could just all be being caused by the back pains?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2006, 06:25 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Head pressure

i seriously doubt that this is anything life threatening,really,so stop worrying about that,okay??what you first described sounded more akin to muscle tension which is really really a common culprit in headaches and pressure from the tension in the muscles.what you next described sounds as though it could be a c spine related problem.anyone can have problems with their spine as the normal wear and tear and any even 'small" type of injurioes that you could have sustained when you were younger that really didn't show themselves til you did 'something'to help them to show up.you could have moved wrong but in your case given the fact that you stated you are overwieght,this really could be the biggest trigger for this,all that extra wieght you have been carrying over time can cause alot of stress on your vertebrae and when it has had enough,it WILL show itself,possibly in the way your feeling right now.I would definitely speak with your doc about this and he can refer you for some radiologic tests such as even a plain x ray would possibly show something out of alignment and even spurring on the actual vertebrae which can cause alot of pain and other problems.an MRI really would be the ideal way to really get the best possible look into the deeper soft tissue structures of your actual spinal column and the cord itself.something could be out of place in there or pushing against specific nerves or nerve roots.it would be in your best intersest to look into this with your doc.the symptoms you are describing really sound more c spine related or even just muscle tension.the chances of this being brain related really are minimal at best,K? but please see your doc about this.let me know how things go.Marcia

Old 01-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
    suggus
    (male)

suggus HB User
    Re: Head pressure

Mc.... I've been where you are.

I have the head pressure that makes me feel like it is high blood pressure. I can't prove that because I take my pressure and the problem is there even with lower blood pressure. Pressure is there when I lay down and when I wake up in the morning.

The pain in the uper back is the same with me. The nerves in this area are also associated with the heart. High blood pressure causes heart disease.

Over weight.......go to the doctor but he will not help you with the pressure in the head. I know.

Closed Thread