It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Tumor that doesnt show up on mro

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #1
    sinnister81
    Inactive
    (male)

sinnister81 HB User
    Tumor that doesnt show up on mro

Hi, Im wondering if anyone here has had a tumor or cyst that didnt show up on ct or mri. This is very important to me as I have had a nonstop headache for about 4-5 months now. Please respond to this if u or u know someone who had a hard time diagnosisng a tumor. Although I dont want to have a tumor all tests are coming back negative. Another symptom I have is that I am now unable to take any kind of narcotic pain pill like vicon or percocet and also antidepressants, I get a burning sensation in the center of my head when I do and since I have pretty bad depression, i AM NO LONGER ABLE TO TREAT IT. i WAS ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS FOR SEVERAL YEARS WITH GREAT SUCCESS AND NOW THIS HAPPENED. pLEASE HELP.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Tumor that doesnt show up on mro

Is there a specific reason you think you have an actual tumor or is this just something you feel may possibly be the problem?Just wondering since there are many many other possible issues that could cause your symptoms.sometimes for no apparent reason,the body will just all of the sudden react differently to certain meds that we would normally take without any sort of problem.i have had this happen twice actually.i don't know if it is just that the body can only "handle' so much and when it hits that certain 'limit' it responds in some way.I really don't understand all that myself but like i said,it just happens sometimes.with or without a specific reason for it.or it could jsut be some sort of sudden body pysiology change.

the thing is,the tests you have had done(the ct and the MRI?)only look mostly at the more solid 'structures of the brain and would not always pick up on other vascular issues.try getting an MRA,which actually highlights allof the arterial structures inside the brain.i have an aneurysm(just one of many possible vascular malformations possible)in my brain that was not picked up on the MRI that I had had done.it wasn't til they did the MRA that it actually showed up.there is also whats called a 3 T MRI that is three times the magnetism of a normal MRA,that can detect even the tiniest of possible arterial issues.

From what you have described tho,this really sounds more like some sort of actual physiological type of issue and not an actual brain issue.hormones among other things play a huge part in how things work inside of our bodies.have you had any sort of actual blood work done just to check the chemical balances and also body system functions?If not,this is the route I would go at this point if i were you,really.just checking all of these levels to see if anything is out of range at all really could help in possibly pinpointing the real problem.I would just speak with your doc about this.The thing is,headaches can actually be a symptom of soooo many different things it can be a while before you may be able to really find the cause,of all your symptoms.test and rule out is kind of the way things need to be done when trying to find a Dx of any symptoms.i do wish you luck at getting to the bottom of all of this.just speak with your doc about possible bloodwork tests.please keep me posted.Marcia

Closed Thread