It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Brain Cyst-help needed??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-30-2006, 05:10 AM   #1
    chitchatshazkay
    (female)

chitchatshazkay HB User
    Brain Cyst-help needed??

Hi

I have been diagnosed with a cyst on my brain 5 years ago.......They called it a "Meckels Cave" and said it was very uncommon it is 5 cm and on the left side of my brain.

My Nerosurgen has told me to get another CAT scan done (with no contrast as im allergic) and he may have to do a lumber puncture.

I am having headaces everday and feeling really tired and worn out and have had a history of dizzyness and balance problems. I cant even walk toe heel toe as my balance was so bad. I have also now got asthma and cough all day and night

The nerosurgen has told me this cyst is not serious..But as I have never heard of it before I dont know if it is a Anchroid cyst or what??

Can anyone help me???

Thanks
    Sharlz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
    nccarol
    (female)

nccarol HB User
    Re: Brain Cyst-help needed??

I had come across that type of cyst arachnoid I think its spelled when searching for answers when my boyfriend was told he had a cyst. His turned out to be an epidermoid tumor on the left side of brain stem. He is having it operated on shortly. Fron what read about your type is they usually try to drain it with a shunt and yes it can cause problems like your having. I would take my results toa good neurosurgeon and see what he has to say. Nothing to fool around with if your having symptoms. Good luck let us know

Closed Thread