It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Anyone experienced constant headache and twitching?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2007, 04:55 AM   #1
    twiddlestix
    (female)

twiddlestix HB User
    Anyone experienced constant headache and twitching?

Hi, first time post! So here's what happening to me. I've had a constant headache on the right side of my head for around 5 months. I have it all day everyday though it tend to be worse in the morning and then later in the afternoon. It hurts more when i sneeze, cough etc. Went to my GP and we tried sumatriptan for migranes which did nothing and therefore concluded that it wasn't that! Then she tried pizotfen for cluster headaches, but again did nothing except make me more tired! Im 23 and used to be really active etc and now I cant stay awake for a full day. About 7 weeks ago my left arm and leg started to get pins and needles and twich - like a little shake. So my GP sent me to a neurologist who told me there was nothing serious to worry about but he'd send me for an MRI to be sure - which i had on Friday. Seeing as no one had got back to me straight away then I'm thinking its nothing serious, which is excellent. But anyone got any ideas what it may be? Also my GP seems to be out of ideas so do i just keep going and trying medication til i find one that works?

Thanks everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
    cerajoan
    (female)

cerajoan HB Usercerajoan HB User
    Re: Anyone experienced constant headache and twitching?

I have no idea what could be causing your symptoms; it does sound neurological though. For myself, I would not let it go until I got a definative diagnosis. Something is causing your symptoms and a good doctor, one who leaves no stone unturned, will get to the bottom of it. I don't know what kind of access you have to good doctors, but a top notch doctor won't stop until the problem is diagnosed.

I used to tolerate not getting a diagnosis. I don't anymore. Everything is caused by something and it's a doctor's job to determine what that something is, the sooner the better. A good doctor will. Where health is concerned, I don't play around anymore. Mediocre doctoring costs people their lives. Everything is caused by something. I learned that the hard way. Good luck

Closed Thread