It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• cant imagine what this is, any help please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
    alana20
    (female)

alana20 HB User
    twitches/cant imagine what this is, any help please

hi

i dont know if im in the right place, but if anyone here can relate, any advice really,

ok, prob is for nearly three weeks i have had this very strange sensation in my head, its like an eyelid twitch but its not my eyelid it feels like its in my brain, when it twitches my eyes move too, because whatever im looking at jumps with each one........i have no headache, just this horrid twitch, jerk, jolt dont know what to call it but no pain....this is scaring me bad......im not on any meds and eat healthy stuff....its soo distracting and i dont know of anyone who has this....

ok to add, this goes on and off all day and when i wake at night its there, now my tounge has started twitching badly but only when lying down in bed, just from waking up, it has a mind of its own and i can feel the muscles elsewhere in the left of my face twitching to but not as bad as my tounge............this seems to stop when i get up but the twitch in my head doesnt.... if anyone could reply id be gratefull , i hope i dont sound like a crazy person but this drives me crazy....

i went to my gp and his suggestion is migraine, i know people with migraine and none of them have this twitchy stuff.......i thought of something else i notice when im at the computer its worse, my eyes jumping/twitching......

thanks in advance for anyone who will reply

Last edited by alana20; 06-27-2007 at 01:17 AM. Reason: new symptom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2007, 06:19 AM   #2
    alana20
    (female)

alana20 HB User
    Re: cant imagine what this is, any help please

bumping up

Old 06-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
    lynxgal
    (female)

lynxgal HB User
    Re: twitches/cant imagine what this is, any help please

Hi alana,

Does that weird feeling in your head feel like a ripple or shiver? Where do you feel it in your head? Do you ever feel it behind your eyes when it feels like your eyes are doing something weird? Has anyone seen your eyes doing anything funny?

Old 06-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #4
    alana20
    (female)

alana20 HB User

hi lynxgal

i feel it in my head, kinda mostly at the back of my eyes but can feel like base of neck and inside the top of my head, its hard to describe the nearest i can liken it to is a muscle or nerve jump/twitch that has a breif vibrate/shiver effect too, they are only seconds in duration, but come and go most of day, like ill have an episode of 20 (i'll call them blips) then it may stop for 15 mins and start again, with every (blip) my eyes bounce once, when i ask my dh to look he said he could see a slight move of my eyes.....the last 2 days have noticed a tenderness behind my left eye and a slight vague feeling of tingling on left cheek not major maybe cos im panicking? i notice that the computer screen can make it a bit crazy so i im limiting myself on here for now.......

thank u for replying lynxgal, appreciate it, i hope u r ok?

Old 06-29-2007, 06:02 AM   #5
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

have you actually seen any sort of eye doc just to get his evaluation on the symptoms along with a good eye exam?they can look somewhat into the brain thru the eye and would see any oddities that could be present tho it is a rather small "window'it is a look.if this doesn't show anything i would really seek out a good neurologist at that point.getting his eval as well would help you track down the reasons.obtaining an MRI wouldn't hurt either,just to get that look inside the brain area.just make certain that the MRI is a contrasted one,this would just show up areas,like the arterial structures and others,that would not show as well without the contrast dye.this could just be an overactive muscle type issue or something else entirely.but this most definitely does not appear to me at all to be any real migrane type syndrome.i do wish you luck in tracking down the culprit here.please let us know just what you find out.marcia

Old 07-02-2007, 01:33 AM   #6
    alana20
    (female)

alana20 HB User

hi feelbad

no i havent had eye exam lately but i am due for one now so i will book that, i have some inner ear stuff going on for a long time now so i have seen a neuro otologist i may get in touch with them to see what they think, i havent connected these symptoms to that problem as ive never felt anything like this before but who knows, it sure is weird, thank you for your suggestions, hope u r ok

Old 07-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
    lynxgal
    (female)

lynxgal HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alana20 View Post
    hi lynxgal

i feel it in my head, kinda mostly at the back of my eyes but can feel like base of neck and inside the top of my head, its hard to describe the nearest i can liken it to is a muscle or nerve jump/twitch that has a breif vibrate/shiver effect too, they are only seconds in duration, but come and go most of day, like ill have an episode of 20 (i'll call them blips) then it may stop for 15 mins and start again, with every (blip) my eyes bounce once, when i ask my dh to look he said he could see a slight move of my eyes.....the last 2 days have noticed a tenderness behind my left eye and a slight vague feeling of tingling on left cheek not major maybe cos im panicking? i notice that the computer screen can make it a bit crazy so i im limiting myself on here for now.......

thank u for replying lynxgal, appreciate it, i hope u r ok?
    Hi Alana,

Sounds kind of similar to my spells. I have had 21 today (ya I'm counting). Sometimes mine are more like an electric shock feeling. I had my eyes tested 2 weeks ago and everything was normal. My eye sight had not even changed in the last 4 years (yay!) I had an EEG done today. I guess I will not get the results for a couple of weeks. My GP is on holidays starting Monday for 2 weeks. I have the numbness in my face on and off too. I also get numbness in my right forearm. I work on the computer all day and It seems to make it worse for me as well. Keep us posted. I would be interested to hear how your eye appointment goes.....Take Care!

Old 07-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #8
    timetowinarace
    (male)

timetowinarace HB User

Is the inner ear thing also on the left side? If so, I'd suggest going back to your neurologist or even seeing a ENT. All facial nerves pass thru the inner ear (I'm uncertain about the ones behind the eye).

It could be as simple as a little pressure on the nerves from inflamation. But there are many possibilities and I don't think migraine is one of them unless you have quite a bad headache. But complex migraines usually are more of a minor paralisis or drooping on one side.

Hope you get it figured out.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:58 AM   #9
    alana20
    (female)

alana20 HB User

hi lynxgal, timetowinarace,

ok, i went to see neuro oto and they ran an abr test, it took an hour to do as something was showing up, at the end of the test dr said that at level 5, whatever that is, wasnt quite right but was fine as equal both sides......

they are saying that it is a basilar type migraine, have put me on an a/d for the management of it, said as scary as these symptoms are , they are not detremental to me, said that migraine has many varients and not as i thought (severe bad headache, have to lie in a dark room) lynxgal, i dont know all your symptoms but what i do see is symilar with the numb tingly sensation on face, arm, sensation inside the head of shock/twitch apparently they can be an aura....now to me that is spots of light or jagged light, also headache tends to be at back of the head/neck but can be at the front or even without the headache just the auras.....all a bit confusing..... timetowinarace,when my symptoms of inner ear stuff started 4 years ago, this being the second and different type of dizziness, a caloric test showed left ear wasnt functioning as good as the right and gave me a dignosis of labyrinthitus, but as time went on (didnt recover within 6 weeks) they now think is this varient migraine, it was this new symptom of twitching in my head that made me think something bad was going to happen as never heard of it being associated with a migraine.......hmmm

lynxgal, please let me know when you get your result of eeg, how long have you been having these shocks/shiver inside the head?

thank u both for your reply

Old 07-06-2007, 04:44 AM   #10
    lynxgal
    (female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Alana,

I have been having the shock/shiver sensation for about 3 months. Interesting about the inner ear thing. My caloric testing showed severly reduced in both ears equally. I think with me, the visuals are actually aura of migraine I am just not getting migraine anymore. This is apparently common for people with a long history of migraine as they age. I am anxious to get the results of the eeg. Will post when I do.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
    lynxgal
    (female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Alana,

Just wanted to let you know that the nurse at my GP's ofc said my EEG was normal..... I think I am just going to give up trying to figure this out. I am tired of going to the Doctors ofc and taking tests....I think I am just going to try to learn to cope with this.... Hope your eye appt. went well.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:35 AM   #12
    alana20
    (female)

alana20 HB User

hi lynxgal
    glad to hear that eeg was normal, but its so frustrating when they (docs) cant get to the bottom of it and actually tell us what is causing these weird extremely unpleasant symptoms, do you take any meds? my neuro put me back on remeron which i really didnt want to as they make me put weight on big time. i know how you feel about getting tired of appointments and tests spec when you cant get proper answers.

i am going away for a few weeks but if its ok with you i'll post and see how u r doing when i get back, i hope u feel better than u have been

alana

Old 08-02-2007, 03:31 PM   #13
    lynxgal
    (female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Alana...have a good trip....chat when u get back.....I got a dx.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:41 AM   #14
    alana20
    (female)

alana20 HB User

hi lynxgal

how u doing? we had nice break apart from couple days for me, what is your dx? i hope u r feeling better, my head twitchy/zap thing has receded, not entirely gone, i dont know if its the meds or that i have been away from the puter thats helped......anyhow let me know how things been with you.

alana

Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 AM   #15
    lynxgal
    (female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Alana,

Glad to hear that you had a good holiday and are feeling better. I am on holidays this week as well. :-) DX 1. bilateral vestibular dysfunction. DS 2. silent migraine. was give an ad as well. Have been taking it for just over 3 weeks. It is not helping in fact I had a full blown migraine for 2 days earlier this week. The balance of this week.....it is like it is stll there especially when I bend over...I have a follow up on Monday. Will let you know how it goes. What meds did your doctor put you on?

Closed Thread