It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Isolated headache for a couple of weeks, Very concerned

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2007, 01:25 AM   #1
    Mike1135
    (male)

Mike1135 HB User
    Isolated headache for a couple of weeks, Very concerned

About two and a half weeks ago, i went down to california for a convention. during the car ride home i experienced an extreme pain in the left side of my head all at once during swalling near the top of the head. I paid it very litttle mind and chalked it up to one of those random pains that could happen at anytime. About a day after thast i started experiencing minor headaches in that part of my head on a daily basis sometimes lasting 2-5 hours. the pain is dull but constant.most frequently occuring at night but during the day as well. I have a tooth that has needed a root canal for about a year and a half now, but there is no pain caused by it, nor is their or has their been an abscess. I'm overweight with no bloodpressure problems, not a heavy drinker, maybe once or twice every two months, and i have high liver enzymes, no smoking. i dont sleep well and stare at a computer screen quite a bit. Please help me to understand the nature of my headaches, and if you think that i should seek immediate medical attention or wait this out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
    chablis3
    Veteran
    (female)

chablis3 HB User
    Re: Isolated headache for a couple of weeks, Very concerned

Mike, do you have any neck problems, like bad discs in the neck area you night not be aware of? I started having strange headache feelings about 6 months ago and was diagnosed with the disc problem, which in turn is causing the strange feelings in the head area. I get a strange squeezing feeling in the top of my head at times, plus a numb feeling at the base of my skull. Also hear a lot of cracking sounds when I twist my neck right and left. Just a thought, as discs can cause so many feelings. Maybe an X-Ray of the neck might help you figure out your problem. Good luck!

Judy

Old 07-31-2007, 02:18 AM   #3
    penybobeny
    Inactive
    (female)

penybobeny HB User
    Re: Isolated headache for a couple of weeks, Very concerned

Mike,

Is the tooth needing the root canal on the upper or lower jaw? If it is the upper jaw you might have developed a Sinus Infection.

My best suggestion would be to spare your nerves and bite the bullet and go to the Dr to have it checked out... sometimes peace of mind is the best medicine.

Good luck and please keep us informed

Last edited by penybobeny; 07-31-2007 at 02:18 AM. Reason: I can't spell, or rather I can spell, but not faster than I can type it seems

Closed Thread