It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Uncontrollable hand/finger movement.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
    GodChaser777
    (male)

GodChaser777 HB User
    Uncontrollable hand/finger movement.

While relaxing tonight my left hand started acting weird. My ring and middle finger began drawing in to my palm by themselves at which point my pinky and thumb and index finger started going nuts. The pinky was going up and down pretty violently the thumb was shaking while my index finger kinda just started moving a bit to. I've had extremities do this before but nothing quite like this. Throughout the day the whole side of my left arm has felt like its been scratched or even a slight sunburn sensation but its neither. Any suggestions as to what type of doc I need to see or am I just overreacting?

Last edited by GodChaser777; 07-25-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 05:32 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Uncontrollable hand/finger movement.

i really don't think you are over reacting considering what symptoms you just experienced.i think obtaining an MRI on your c spine area and possibly the brain at the very same time would at least be the best possible start here in finding out if there is some sort of a spinal or even brain issue that caused these types of symptoms.it could be either one but i would be willing to bet if anything is out of whack here it would most likely be within the lower part of your c spine,just because the ring and pinkie fingers correlate to the c 8 nerve at the very bottom of the c spine.

any primary doc can actually do the referral for the MRI.once you have actually obtained that,well the results would kind of dictate what type of doc would really be the best to see.personally,i wouldn't see anyone BUT a neurosurgeon for any possible c spine issues.not a neurologist as they just do not have the level of expertise when it comes to deeper spinal issues which could be whats up with you.but if i were you,this is what i would do.get that MRI with contrast and go from there.it does sound like you are indeed having some sort of real nerve affectation given your symptomology.it just needs to track up into the c spine in order to see where it is actually stemming from.please keep me posted as to what you find out,K? Marcia

Closed Thread