It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Low Grade Glioma Tumor!! Has anyone else been diagnosed with this??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
    rene24
    (female)

rene24 HB User
    Low Grade Glioma Tumor!! Has anyone else been diagnosed with this??

Hello All, I will try to make this short and sweet, and hopefully someone out there can help me. Three years ago I was diagnosed with a "low grade glioma tumor" that is positioned in the front part of my brain, right above my left eye. I have MRI's every 6 months to keep a check on the size of the tumor, and if it has changed any. Due for another one this month! I have had headaches as long as I can remember, and within the last 2 years I developed a new symptom.......a foggy head as I call it. At times I feel as if I am going to just pass out and fall to the ground. Thank God that has never happened, but the feeling is horrible. I have had three different opinions from top neurosurgeons from 3 different hospitals in Pennsylvania. The one I see now said that my headaches, and that foggy head,as I call it, has nothing to do with this tumor. Go figure!!! What I can't understand is since the term "low grade glioma" means a "low grade cancer" why wouldn't they want to remove it?? Has anyone out there ever been diagnosed with this type of tumor, and if so what was there outcome?? I am a 48 year, young, female, and I also have Reactive Thrombocytosis. (high platelet counts) My hemotolgist is under the impression that the "tumor" is making my platelets react, and elevate. Hence the term "Reactive Thrombocytosis". Please, anyone who has any imput into this and could give me some kind of feedback it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, and God Bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread