It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Almost chronic lightheadedness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
    woodahs
    (female)

woodahs HB User
    Almost chronic lightheadedness

I have been having almost chronic lightheadedness for about a week now.

It all started when I developed some sort of cold about 3 weeks ago. The cold stuck with me for about a week and a half but has since gone away. Since then my nose burns and stings when I breathe through it and I also have extreme sinus headaches. I have been using nasal spray and medicine for sinus headaches, so those issues are pretty much under control. But now I have lightheadedness pretty much all the time. I get dizzy when trying to clean and sometimes I lose my balance and almsot fall when getting up. I feel better right after awaking from a nap or when lying down.

Does anyone know what could be my problem and what I could take to fix it? It is extrremely unhandy.

Much thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
    Re: Almost chronic lightheadedness

Hi there! It is pretty easy to get vertigo. Sounds like you had a bad cold and perhaps it went into a sinus infection. Fluid could have settled into your ear canals. It can take weeks to clear that up. I had dizziness for 6 to 8 weeks just after a cold and sinus infection. The doc looked in there and fluid was built up behind the drums. It did eventually clear but is such a nuisance to be dizzy no matter what you do. My suggestion is that you have your doc look in the ears and see if that is where the problems lies and then go from there. Good luck! You will be ok!

Closed Thread