It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Blood clot in the head! DEATH! ANSWERS PLEASE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
    isis12983
    (female)

isis12983 HB User
    Question Blood clot in the head! DEATH! ANSWERS PLEASE

My father passed away on May 15 2008...the medical examiner said it was a blood clot in the brain & previous blunt force trama???? they havent told us much else and we do not feel we have been given the right answers? Do bloot clots cause weird thoughts? eg talking to "people" ghosts??? My dad was acting very very strange and was not himself at all!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
    Momof2sons
    Veteran
    (female)

Momof2sons HB User
    Re: Blood clot in the head! DEATH! ANSWERS PLEASE

isis,

First let me say I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad.
    Had your father fallen and hit his head recently? Or possibly hit in the head by someone or something? These things would be a cause of "blunt force trama".
    The answer to your question reguarding him acting strange and talking to ghosts, and weird thoughts is yes, a blood clot in the brain can cause that. Because of the added pressure in the brain from the blood clot taking up space.
    If your still seeking answers, you could get a copy of the medical examiners "Impression" of his exam. You may not want the details of the actual autopsy, but a copy of just the "Impression" of the exam might possibly answer whether he felt this was caused by a possible "fall", or something else.
    Once again, please accept my condolences for your loss. I will certiantly say a prayer for your family.
    Take care, and God bless.
    Annette

Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
    FRG03
    (male)

FRG03 HB User

First let me say im sorry for what happened.
    First provide us with more information. how old is your dad? Any medical history such as high blood pressure? History of falls? There are many causes of blood clot, It can be from the fall or any kind of head trauma, high blood pressure. And as far as your dad acting up strange it can also be from age or dimentia. Provide us some more information and we'll go from there and connect the dots together.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
    sheanean
    (female)

sheanean HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by isis12983 View Post
    My father passed away on May 15 2008...the medical examiner said it was a blood clot in the brain & previous blunt force trama???? they havent told us much else and we do not feel we have been given the right answers? Do bloot clots cause weird thoughts? eg talking to "people" ghosts??? My dad was acting very very strange and was not himself at all!!!
    Yes, a blood clot caused by head trauma can cause strange behavior.
    My uncle recently fell while he had that bad flu that was going around. He went to the Dr. and they checked him over and said he was fine. He became disoriented and seemed to be really confused all the time. He couldn't figure out what words to say and had trouble with balance.

He had an MIR that showed he had two big blood clots that were causing the brain to be squashed. He had surgery and so far, is doing much better.

A side note, I believe that in times of trouble, angels..make themselves seen to people who need help. I've seen it happen myself.
    Maybe, the 'ghosts' were angels or spirits of loved ones, there to comfort him.

I'm sad for you to have lost your Dad. We lost ours 2 years ago. It's still very difficult to accept, but we know he is with God.

Closed Thread