It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
    MyPOTS
    (female)

MyPOTS HB User
    Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

Does anyone else get full body tremors (Seizures) with POTS? I have been told it is physiological and/or anxiety! My Homeopathic/Chiropractic said not to listen to them. She said there is something defiantly wrong and it was electrical!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
    NerveEnding
    (male)

NerveEnding HB UserNerveEnding HB User
    Re: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

Exactly where in the chiropractic curriculum do they learn about POTS?

Old 12-26-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
    MyPOTS
    (female)

MyPOTS HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NerveEnding View Post
    Exactly where in the chiropractic curriculum do they learn about POTS?
    I was having Craniosacral therapy done when she said this. It balances the central nervous system. POTS is a chronic disease a condition of dysautonomia a dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system. She did not claim to know about POTS... She was letting me know something was definitely wrong, it was "not in my head" it was "electrical". Pots is often misdiagnosed as anxiety!

Last edited by MyPOTS; 12-26-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
    AuntieLeela
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

Anoxic (lack of oxygen) seizure is common when episodes of low blood pressure are severe or come on too quickly. I've had them a few times, I have orthostatic hypotension and basilar artery migraine. (BAM also effects blood flow in the brain) My first fainting episode was in kindergarten.

Epileptic seizures are "electrical".

Old 05-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
    thesearch
    (female)

thesearch HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyPOTS View Post
    Does anyone else get full body tremors (Seizures) with POTS? I have been told it is physiological and/or anxiety! My Homeopathic/Chiropractic said not to listen to them. She said there is something defiantly wrong and it was electrical!
    Hi there i was wondering if you were still experiencing the seizures and had confirmation that they are to do with POTS my sister is currently having a really bad time in hospital in England she has been having seizures and they believe she has POTS. I was searching the web to see if there is something to relate POTS to seizures! They will be doing some tests MRI and EEG to see if they are epileptic!? I would really appreciate hearing your experience with this symptoms and would like to know if your condition improved and what treatment you've had thank you for reading!

Closed Thread