It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• brain cyst

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
    raja77
    (female)

raja77 HB User
    brain cyst

hi
    well, i am 52 years old and just around 10 days ago i suffered from tinnitus and hearing loss in my right ear so i went to an ENT doctor and he told me that the hearing in my right ear is only 30% and that the left ear is working properly and there is no problem with it. he asked me for a MRI and after doing it he discovered two cysts in my brain and one of them ( the arachnoid cyst) is the one responsible for the symptoms i had so he advised me to go to a neurosurgeon and i did
    The neurosurgeon suggested that i should do a surgery to get this cyst removed but he is not sure that the hearing in my right ear will return to normal
    so i am now a bit confused on wether to do this surgery and how dangerous will it be and if i will really get any benefit out of it
    i will really appreciate any help if possible
    Raja

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
    Kasey443
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
    Re: brain cyst

I would suggest reading up on surgery for this. This may help you decide. When I was going for surgery, or injections etc., I read everything I could and it helped me make up my mind. I believe you can also find out the statistics on the outcome, like weather or not it may help your hearing. Good luck to you

Closed Thread