It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

borderline chiari

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2009, 04:44 AM   #16
jellebeans
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
Re: borderline chiari

hi nadine, yes i get banging headache if i cry,also singing on the singstar with kids leave me in agony!! coughing also. i find a good firm pillow helps with the neck issues but i need to replace it every 6/8 months,i need a new one now actualy as my necks been so uncomfortable in bed which had given me a terrible head this wk. ive not tried a chiropractor.the pain in my arms and legs is usualy a real heavy sore ache,i get painful tingling,and the odd sharp pains and sometimes spasms ,usualy in my hands but have had them in my left foot also,but i dont get the spasms often thank god!!
i think the best thing is to try not to let this take over our lives,in the first few years i was constantly reasearching and seeing docs and writing to other docs etc, i was obsessed with proving i was right but it made me feel worse and so down in myself,thats why i gave up seeing docs and just learnt to cope with it all in my own way,i stopped feelin sorry for myself,have tried lots of meds but ibrprufen is the best for me whic i only now take when i have a really bad head,i rest when i need too and even though the pain is there i feel alot better within myself,if my latest scan shows nothin i wont give up ,ill find the next best option but im in no hurry this time as i know im not going to drop dead!!if i let it rule my life again ill end up in a nut home!!!!
i actualy dont want surgery,just a diagnose will make me feel so much better,i am in pain but i manage.
but you have to do whats best for you,im not sure how the insurance works,but without it you will be looking at thousands and thousands.
my neuro was open minded about the chiari 0 so there may be some hope in getting help here. i believe there are cine mri in england as the radioligist told me there was one in norwich city.
could you not get an app with mr flint??before goin to america?
we arent allowed to post email address on here i dont think but ill send a message to the administrator on theses boards to see how and if we can swap email address,would be good to see each others scans!!
when i get my cd mri,hopefuly will be nxt wk illget my other half to look and see if we can get the images of to put in an email,im rubbish on comps!
keep ya chin up ,speak soon x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #17
jellebeans
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
Re: borderline chiari

oh and answer to your question bout brain fog, yes im terrible!!!! im usually a very organised person and always busy,would never forget phone numbers,names,appointments,bdays etc...well now its a different story!!!! i have to write everything down and stick it on the fridge!! last year i forgot my sons parents eveing,i felt terrible,but thats the sort of thing that i would never of done! i also do really stupid things like putting my dirty plate in the fridge instead of the dishwasher! sometimes i cant even speak properly,i just cant seem to get my words out properly!!!
i think we can private message each other that way i think we can swop email adress,ill try a bit later as bit busy now x

just seen your message about dr royo in barcelona...not sure how i didnt read it before!!
how do you get in contact with all these docs,do you post copies of scan,do you have to pay???? anyway check your email s and hopefuly you should have a mrssage from me..im rubbish on computers!!

Last edited by jellebeans; 04-24-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Closed Thread