It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• recent head tremors.. tests inconclusive... next steps??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
    DaPoohz
    (female)

DaPoohz HB User
    recent head tremors.. tests inconclusive... next steps??

I am a 32 year-old female, who has been experiencing occasional head tremors since April 12, 2009. It started after a weekend full of stressful and exhausting wedding events in my role as Maid of Honor. The first episode occurred at the end of an orgasm when my teeth began to chatter uncontrollably, which was shortly followed by my first head tremors. Since then, the tremors have been consistently "no-no" head movements and a few inconsistent full body tremors (2-3 times). I am always conscious when the tremors occur and they don't last more than 5 seconds. I have noticed that sometimes I will daze off and the tremors will begin, however there have been a few instances where the dazes did not precede the tremors. In my opinion, the tremors are consistently preceded by stress and/or anxiety.

My immediate tests included: a CT scan with no contrast, MRI, MRA with contrast, blood work, EKG and EEG. All of my test results were normal and a diagnosis given by a neurologist was inconclusive. I do have a history of self-diagnosed anxiety where I get heart palpitations, shaky hands, lump in the throat and chest tightening when I am nervous about something. In addition, I worry about various things in life consistently, exhibit qualities of a perfectionist, easily stress out and am always worried about and focus on worst case scenarios, which has affected sleep, caused stress and anxiety, and has disabled me in certain instances. However, I have never experienced tremors prior to April 12. The only medication I was on at the time, where I did miss a couple of doses, was Amoxicillin- Clavulanate for a finger abscess and began taking it a week prior to the first tremor episode. In addition, I was an occasional coffee drinker averaging no more than one cup of coffee a day until I was advised to eliminate caffeine. Also, I am a non-smoker, occasional drinker(3-4 times per month), and I haven't used any dietary supplements/vitamins other than protein powder. I have researched a few sites online regarding tremors but I'm still uncertain about the next steps I should take. I appreciate any professional advice and/or feedback from others who have experienced similar symptoms. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
    aljusi
    (female)

aljusi HB User
    Re: recent head tremors.. tests inconclusive... next steps??

I've been feeling vibrations in my head right before I fall asleep and when wake. I also suffer from hear palpatations, vertigo and frequent headaches, short term memory loss and anxiety. I feel your pain.

Closed Thread