It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• twitching and other symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
    jb35401
    (male)

jb35401 HB User
    twitching and other symptoms

About 6 months ago I had a feeling of a chill up my neck to my head. It was kind of like when someone sneaks up on you in the dark and scares the daylights out of you.The chill lasted about 3 days of and on. After this the muscle twitches started. They were in my right calf and ankle at first then migrated to my left leg,arms,back,cheek,buttocks basically everywhere although not at the same time.

Since then i have had brain fog on occasions,testicular pain,bladder pain,back pain,sweating at night while sleeping,knee pain. After the twitches stop in an area it gets slightly sore and feels weak.this feeling has in the past gone away in a few weeks and the area feels nornal again or almost.I have seen a neurologist and had a MRI of my head and back.

The nerve conduction study was normal as well as the EMG. My Mri was also normal of my head. My neck has a bulging disc in which I went through therapy and is better now.The twitches will come and go and I have no way of knowing what is causing this.They sometimes wake me up at night. I have also been tested for lyme,thyroid,vitamin deficiencies,west nile and whatever the neuro thought to test for. All came back normal except there was a slightly lower than normal copper level. This is driving me mad!!!ANY IDEAS>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
    scout316
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User
    Re: twitching and other symptoms

did they check your testosterone level?what about your diet.......do certain foods trigger the muscle twitching...I'd suggest keeping a log of what you eat and see if there might be a connection there.did the neuro just quit looking for a dx for you?

low magnesium,low B12,low iron can all cause the twitching...with women it's usually hormone related so with men I'm guessing it might be the testosterone level.

I've had the annoying twitching so I do understand wht you're saying......did you also have an EEG(brain wave test)?

twitching usually goes under "muscle fasiculations"..you might want to research that a bit....

take care....Scout

Old 07-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
    jb35401
    (male)

jb35401 HB User
    Re: twitching and other symptoms

they checked for all vitamin and mineral content in my blood. Only copper was somewhat low.I've been searching all over the net and found little help. It resembles Gilberts syndrome,benign fasciculation syndrome,fibromyalgia and others.

Closed Thread