It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Suboccipital Pressure, Forehead Pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
    MaYou
    (male)

MaYou HB User
    Question Suboccipital Pressure, Forehead Pressure

Hello, I'm only 22 years old.

For abour 5 months i have constant 24/7 pressure in the back of my head mainly in the suboccipital region and chronic spasms on my lower back neck ( splenius i guess ). I have a lot of symptoms resulting from the severe pressure/tenderness pain i experience
    -pressure pain on the brige of my nose
    -pressure pain on my forehead
    -numb and pressure pain on my scalp
    -dizzyness
    -sensitivity to light
    -increased floater points
    -depression
    -anxiety
    I can actually trigger more myofacial pain by touching the trigger points in the suboccipital region and a bit under it. Whenever i put pressure in the back of my head it triggers the bridge of the nose pressure pain. Laying on my back is painful *** it increase the pressure sensation on my face and back of the head so i have to sleep on my side and now even on my side is getting more and more difficult.
    My symptoms are worse week to week i feel like i will die from it if it keeps getting worse. It is mentaly hurting me too as i think i'm having a depression now due to chronic pain and the fact that i don't know whats wrong with me. I have anxiety since the onset of my symptoms back 5 months ago... For about 1 year i overused a laptop computer and i had one accident 1 year ago with a friend where my chin went to touch my chest. I lost my breath for 1 minute but never had symptoms of this after so im ruling it out. It is most probable that it a repetitive strain injury due to poor posture and laptop overuse...
    It anyone can help me and try to figure out what i have i would be grateful. I never read anywhere that suboccipital muscles
    could produce pressure pain sensation to the bridge of the nose im really worried..
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
    Benit
    Veteran
    (male)

Benit HB User
    Re: Suboccipital Pressure, Forehead Pressure

I also have head pressure 24/7, and a lot of the related symptoms/difficulties you point out. I don't have a diagnosis, however. I've had this head pressure for nearly 6 years now, so anything you can find out about yours, would be helpful.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
    MaYou
    (male)

MaYou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benit View Post
    I also have head pressure 24/7, and a lot of the related symptoms/difficulties you point out. I don't have a diagnosis, however. I've had this head pressure for nearly 6 years now, so anything you can find out about yours, would be helpful.
    Yeah i have a lot of info i could share if you could be more precise on your symptoms...

Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
    Benit
    Veteran
    (male)

Benit HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaYou View Post
    Yeah i have a lot of info i could share if you could be more precise on your symptoms...
    Be more precise with my symptoms and have people suggest terrifying diagnoses? No thanks, that's not for me anymore, after suffering anxiety attacks for weeks over it...

Old 10-23-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
    MaYou
    (male)

MaYou HB User

Don't worry i won't tell you you have terrifying diagnosis i will try to rule out terrifying result and give you a clear understanding of what might be causing it ( muscles and nerves without any pathology behind it )... 6 years having those symptoms to me seems to be enought to rule out the most terrifying illness... I want to know about your posture, activities, neck tightness and suboccipital ( back of the head ) pressure or tightness that might explain a lot... Also there is a not serious illness called Arnold-Chiari Malformation which is not rare and can cause head pressure... its a minor surgical intervention and can be seen on scans...Anyway hit me back if you want me to help ... i swear i did a lot of research and i have tons of medecine book.. the reason i posted here is to get more opignion even tho i know what i have... I jus wanted to know if anyone experienced sinus pressure triggered by pressure on the suboccipital region because i've seen no one in my experience with such symptoms haha it must be phychosomatic ... nocebo kind of thing due to the over sensitivity of the facial nerve and their co-relation with the greater occipital nerve and some other coming from the back of the neck.... Anyway i can help if you want...

Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
    Benit
    Veteran
    (male)

Benit HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaYou View Post
    Don't worry i won't tell you you have terrifying diagnosis i will try to rule out terrifying result and give you a clear understanding of what might be causing it ( muscles and nerves without any pathology behind it )... 6 years having those symptoms to me seems to be enought to rule out the most terrifying illness... I want to know about your posture, activities, neck tightness and suboccipital ( back of the head ) pressure or tightness that might explain a lot... Also there is a not serious illness called Arnold-Chiari Malformation which is not rare and can cause head pressure... its a minor surgical intervention and can be seen on scans...Anyway hit me back if you want me to help ... i swear i did a lot of research and i have tons of medecine book.. the reason i posted here is to get more opignion even tho i know what i have... I jus wanted to know if anyone experienced sinus pressure triggered by pressure on the suboccipital region because i've seen no one in my experience with such symptoms haha it must be phychosomatic ... nocebo kind of thing due to the over sensitivity of the facial nerve and their co-relation with the greater occipital nerve and some other coming from the back of the neck.... Anyway i can help if you want...
    I know enough about Chiari to know I don't want anyone suggesting it to me, anymore. That's one of the two suggested diagnoses I got that caused endless anxiety.

Also, it's not a "light" condition if you have a syrinx and/or obstructed CSF flow, or other nasty symptoms. You may not have read enough about it, but there is no "minor" surgical intervention for Chiari. One guy on here had at least 4 procedures done, 2 of them at least to attempt to fix problems caused by the first two botched procedures. I guess the best neurosurgeons might be reliable, but not everyone has the ability to see them.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
    MaYou
    (male)

MaYou HB User

Yeah but increased ICP is due to the obstructed CSF... And don't rely or people's bad experience... The best way to know is to get a MRI scan... then it will ease you mind or at least you will have a diagnostic if you have something and im still sayin chiari malformation is a minor surgery Compared to A LOT of illnes that may be causing increased ICP but yeah risks are there and you need the best surgeon up to the task and it depends on what diagnose you have what can be minor coul be major it all depends on the type of chiari... but to easy you mind i prefer minor surgery... You can have a spinal tap to see if you get some releive by havin some CSF removed... that will gives you a clue... I know there some risk about lumbar puncture but nowadays its safer than before and less expansive than a MRI but i would still go with the MRI first...

Last edited by MaYou; 10-24-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #8
    scout316
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hey MaYou

why don't you go see an ENT dr.?They specialize in eyes,ears,nose & throats.Seeings your sx are triggered in that area then an ENT would be an excellent idea for you if you have access to medical help.Havr you had any tests done for your sx?

That's good your researching to try to pinpoint what may be going on,but it's a lot of work and can actually start to wear you down.I know many of us have lousy or no insurance....so that puts us all on a mission to find out what's wrong on our own,but it still doesn't give us all the answers we are looking for.

Good luck with your investigating....post back soon~
    Scout~

Old 10-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #9
    MaYou
    (male)

MaYou HB User

I did some neck x-rays, ct-scan to rule out mass and spinal dysfuction or trauma...
    I still need to see the ENT and neuro and physical therapy in case of a repetivive strain injury that is irritating the nerves passing by the suboccipital triangle that could lead into pressure pain in the forehead and bridge of the nose.

I'm waiting for my MRI scan and ENT appointment is the next step.

Closed Thread