It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Prolactin Imbalance, pitutitary gland cyst

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
    FLsWomen
    (female)

FLsWomen HB User
    Prolactin Imbalance, pitutitary gland cyst

I am a 21 yr old female. I stopped menstrated two years ago for apparantly no reason. I thought I was pregnant but I was not, I continued with my life assuming my periods would become normal. I only had my period twice in one year and during this time I met my fiance. I thought for sure I was pregnant because my breasts were growing larger, very sensitive, and lactating. I went to GYN, he took blood work, it turned out I was NOT pregnant, I had a prolactin imbalance (65, it is supposed to be 20 or 25). I have been taking medicine for about 6 months, I have gotten 3 periods at random times that were very very painful (I went to the ER for one of them bc it was so bad!). My breasts are extremly painful, I cannot even touch them gently, I wear a sports bar 24/7 except for showers, and they get hard as rocks for some strange reason. I feel sick constantly, I cant eat. I have gone from 140-114lbs in 3 months! They did a MRI last week to check for a tumor. They did not find one, but they found a cyst. I dont know what that does, but the doctor told me it wasnt a big deal and it DOESNT cause the prolactin imbalance even tho it is in the back of my pituitary gland! I am soooo confused and stressed out. I am worried I will never have children, I am worried about my weight loss, I am tired of being sick and in pain! Does anyone have advice or expertise on this subject?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread