It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Need MRI, possible Carodit aretery block

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
    bhauff
    (female)

bhauff HB User
    Need MRI, possible Carodit aretery block

I am a little anxious and concerned about what will happen if their is a blockage.

I have been seening doctors for four months. Dealing with TMJ, ear problems, head aches, Pain. Sharp Pians, Tingling pain in my face. Lots has been done, and has not helped.

Currently I am taking Tordal. On day 4 so one more day. It does seem like my neck is not as swellon and tender, maybe it has helped. I am scared what will happen when I go off it. I know it is a short-term pain killer, but it is hard because it is working.

Well on to my questions and such. On Friday I saw my general practioner and he is suggesting I see a neurologist. The appointment was made, but it is not until March 5.

Then I went to a chiropractor for a first consultation. Well he would not work on me after going throu my history, evaluating me and then having a positive result on the Drop Arm test, he feels I may have a blockage in my R coradic artery. So I called my doctor, he said we need to set up a caradic artery doppler ultrasound. I missed the call and will need to call on monday and schedule it.

1. If the test shows a blockage, will they do something then. Will I know when they are doing the test or will it take time to read it or such.

2. Should I bring someone with me.

3. What should I expect.

4. Should I request a MRI,

5. If I have a blockage will they check to make sure there is not a blocked anywhere else.

All my symptoms are in my head, ears, neck, jaw.
    My mom is worried because she had her first heartattack at 40 and open heart 10 years later. I am on high blood pressure pills.

Scared

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread