It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Possible symptoms of a Concussion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
    rockstarmatt21
    (male)

rockstarmatt21 HB User
    Possible symptoms of a Concussion

Hey, I'm new here, but I have a health-related question:

A couple of weeks back, I was playing basketball with some friends. During one the games we were paying, I had the ball at the top of the key. I wanted to lose my defender so I could get an open shot, and score. So I decided to pump-fake (which is a maneuver where you pretend like you're going to shoot it, but you don't) and it worked. I got the guy in front of me to leave his feet, but there was one problem: He was jumping straight into me. So naturally I ducked, but as I ducked the guy (who weighed at least 250 and was about 6'1 to 6'2) his left side of his body hit the side of my face.

Now, I don't remember what part of him hit me. It could have been his hip, upper thigh, or butt, however when he hit me, we both fell to the ground and I had a sort of tunnel vision where everything went black except for a small narrow part of non-blackness directly in the middle of my vision and that was even blurry. I played for a little bit longer, but I was extremely dizzy and I had nausea. I had trouble balancing and I was very tired but I didn't think that much of the tiredness because I had just been playing basketball for the last three hours.

It was night by the time I had left, and I still had nausea, dizziness, trouble balancing, and when I was driving home the lights from the passing cars and street lights were making me so dizzy and nauseaus, that I had to put on sunglasses at night to make it not hurt as bad.

My family thought I had a concussion, but I didn't know because I've never had one before.
    After reading my symptoms, do you guys think I had one?

Last edited by rockstarmatt21; 04-03-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread