It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• BRAIN JERKING help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
    570ryanc
    (male)

570ryanc HB User
    BRAIN JERKING help

hello i dont know what this is or what has caused it, it could of been a numerouse selection of things ranging from simply stress or even headbanging; i used to headbang quite frequently to a heavy metal band called metallica until i started realising a slight jerking moving feeling inside my brain i have no idea wht it is but it started occouring around 2007 when i would of been 15 at the time its now got to a stage that im used to it and hardly notess it until i turn my head quickly to the side like 80 degrees then i would heard and experience my brain snap and then afterwards some fluid may build up inside my throat causing it to block sligtly, symptoms that i do not know for sure this has caused i think it may have something to do with the fact that sometimes my speech is variable and slowers and cluttering occours, im not the fastest of thinkers and im usually very quiet i slur my words sometimes. im unsure if its something seriouse as the brain stem tho i have not spoken to anyone on this as i feel its imbaressing also the fact that im shy and unspoken makes me even less likely to see a doctor on it i need help it just happens randomly when id move my head to the side my brain would sligtly jerk inside and make like quite a cracking noise inside my skull tho its not that loud that others would hear it only myself my head i think as a result can not stay still moves sligtly and is a bit fidgity i need answers on this please!

Last edited by 570ryanc; 04-25-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
    570ryanc
    (male)

570ryanc HB User
    Re: BRAIN JERKING help

could it be a muscle or area of the brain rubbing together? is my brain stem out of place and clicking from time to time:? is this thing common and the sytomes effect the speech?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: BRAIN JERKING help

i do think you just have to try and get over the doc thing and actually see one for this. violent snappeing of your head like you were doing could have created anything from a possible brain issue down to some real issues within your c spine inside your neck too. seeing your doc for his neuro eval, then asking about just getting a good look inside your brain and that c spine with a good contrasted type of MRI just really needs to be done here. just based upon how long you were doing this, the concussive forces it would have created inside of your brain with it being slammed back and forth with that level of snapping going on and of course that c spine being heavily involved in just even doing that at all,it just really does need to be looked into to check for ANY possible damage to either one of those two places.

i just would NOT merely blow this off and 'hope" it gets better with time since if there is indeed some type of actual problem in there, chances are it would continue to worsen over time without intervention(or even knowing you have a 'something' going on) of some kind, not better in many cases depending upon levels of possible involvement. this definitely IS one of those better safe than sorry types of situations you really do need to just do for your own sake and overall health, now and later on in life too? ya just NEED to know if there IS a problem or not. this just does sound like a 'something' to me, just not too certain yet what that something is. you just only need to actually remember the actual mechanism of possible injury with what you were even doing,ya know? it was just pretty violent. i do hope things are okay in there, but youy wont really know anything until you at least get the look inside that brain and that c spine too. please DO let me know what you find out. Marcia

Closed Thread