It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Continuous Unilateral Headache, unilateral Tingling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 AM   #1
    jasonll
    (male)

jasonll HB User
    Continuous Unilateral Headache, unilateral Tingling

Hello,

I will just explain my recent symptoms briefly which have been happening for the last three weeks. I've also included the whole story in detail after the summary:

Symptom Summary;

Oh I should mention that I am 29 year old otherwise healthy male with a minor thyroid issue (hypo). I have been having unilateral headaches that seem to persist around my right eye and ear. I also have on and off tingling on my left side mostly the top of my left hand and foot and sometimes right above my knee as well as sometimes for a little bit my right hand pinky and ring finger. I also noticed burning sensation on the left heal as well.

Lately I have also been experiencing nausea and intermittent backache which are making my life miserable.

I went to a neuro a few days ago and he ordered EEG and EMG. The EEG was normal but he said there was a difference between my left and right leg in the EMG test. He said they are both within normal range but when compared there seems to be something pathological and he ordered an MRI of the head which is in three weeks but I am not sure how I am going to be able to wait that long.

Any idea what has been causing these symptoms? Any feedback would be appreciated.

You can find a detailed background of my story below.

Background:
    About a 6 weeks ago or so, i had a big night and had a few joints and smoked some from a metal pipe (alu and steel) and felt pretty high at the time.

The next day I had to drive some 60 miles or so to a friends place and I felt somewhat lightheaded during the drive which i thought were due to the previous night and the after effects of MJ.

Anyways, during the same week, after my workouts, during dinner, i felt a bit of tingling on my left hand and I ignored it. The same week, I got kind of sick (irritated throat and lungs).
    Over the Christmas holiday, I felt lightheaded a few more times and had this dull headache, which got one night pretty bad that I had to take a painkiller. The pain was located in the frontal portion of my head so i thought my sinuses got also irritated by the MJ smoke. Anyways of course i ignored all these symptoms.

One night about three weeks ago, i went out with my friends to have a drink at a cafe which I felt was incredibly hot and afterwards I had this massive right sided headache which would not completely go away even with a painkiller (200 mg ibuprofen ).

The next day I went to a GP and he said it could be due to my sinuses and gave me some antibiotics. I took the antibiotics and didnt feel any better and several hours after taking the first dose of antibiotics, i started feeling tingling on my left hand and foot which went on for another 3 days. I thought maybe the tingling was a side-effect of the antibiotics. To make the long story short, i stopped the antibiotics and felt ok for a day until i took a hot shower to "open-up" my sinuses. But I started feeling tingling all over my feet and shins and after the shower I started feeling bad and my left side started feeling weak. I now have a dull headache and pain in my upper and lower spine as well as a relatively weak left side (at least it feels like so).

Oh I should mention that I am 29 year old otherwise healthy male with a minor thyroid issue (hypo).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread