It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

1 year brain fog, feeling high...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2014, 05:03 AM   #1
Parkerman
(male)

Parkerman HB User
Unhappy 1 year brain fog, feeling high...

Hi everyone my names Parker I'll get to it. It has been one year since an episode at work which ever since that moment I have had brain fog, multitasking problems, communication problems, loss of correct words or objects, having trouble structuring my sentences because of "wait where was I going with this story" type thing. Basically I have smoked weed many times and all I can describe it as "I took a few hits and now my heads a bit foggy".

Anyway I was at work as a mechanic on a normal day...started at 8am and worked till about 11am totally normal then almost all of a sudden I started feeling slightly nauseous and a headache as if I was "starving" for some lunch and needed food; which to me happened normally when lunchtime is near and I didn't eat breakfast or something, ya know? Anyway I asked to go to lunch early so my headache would go away. Fast forward a half hour I are my lunch got nice and full and kinda waiting for myself to be energized and that feeling to go away. It didn't....I'm back working and maybe a half hour goes by and I feel as if I'm coming down with the flu. Ie. Hot, nauseous still, blurry vision, overall LIKE CRAP. I find a good stopping point and my boss says "you look like hell just go home" I go home drink some water and crawl in bed. I took my temp and it was maybe 1 degree higher than normal so I just fall asleep around 2, wake up around 8 I don't feel nauseous but I still feel sick. Heads all foggy just feeling like crap. I take vitamins and go to sleep till the next morning. I wake up still feeling "out of it" and sick but no temp no cough no headache, refreshed from all that sleep so I take a wAlk I think to myself "I feel high haha". It turns out that realization ended up not being funny at all. I have been feeling "high" and "out of it" for 1 year straight as of February 11...not one day went be of normalcy...

After 2 solid months Of freaking out thinking I have diabetes I had cut ALL sugar and got medical insurance I go to the doc I get 1 CT scan no dye, 1 head MRI. Thorough blood work including sediment test for any infection. I tested completely normal for EVERYTHING, EXCEPT a previous EBV infection. The doctor said he wanted to do another test to rule out stroke but my bills were totaled around $2,200 and I could not afford anymore and was depressed because I WANTED it to be a physical problem that I either die from or get cured from. I gave up after that and I am still currently paying my bill off not even down to 1000 yet... I hAd gotten fired from that mechanic job 2 months after the episode because of my lack of concentration and just "stupid" moments fixing cars. I have had a new job for 6 months now but everyday is a struggle. How do you think you'd do at work when you feel high and forgetful 24/7?

Anyway people have suggested chronic exhaustion or something, fibro, or just "brain fog" in general, b12 deficiency, Lyme disease, aneurysm or hemorrhage, low blood flow to brain, toxicity or many other conditions but I am at a loss...I have NOT gotten worse but not one bit better. I just feel as if I had a moment when I got the flu and with it going away overnight it took half my brain cells. Can anyone please shed light? I will get more testing done soon when my new job kicks in so I can afford it. I have almost entirely given up and just started to live this new life or stupid ness and just accepting life isn't fair...although very depressing...help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2014, 05:10 AM   #2
Parkerman
(male)

Parkerman HB User
Re: 1 year brain fog, feeling high..

One more symptom I am have would be a sensation of pressure on the bridge of my nose/ center of my forehead. This feeling didn't start till 2 months after the episode at work and was the reason for the MRI because I assumed brain or sinus cancer/rumors

Old 03-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
personmann
(male)

personmann HB User
Re: 1 year brain fog, feeling high..

Oh my god. I feel like I have stumbled across an epidemic that no one else knows about. I keep finding people that have very similar overlapping sets of symptoms -similar to my own. It seems like everyone thinks it's something different, or focuses on one symptom over another, and maybe they are all caused by different things, but there are some weird coincidences.

For years I have had terrible headaches and a spaced out feeling, sometimes with dizziness. I almost always have a feeling of pressure in my forehead and down my nose. I have always thought I had chronic migraines caused by sinus problems. Over the last year I came to think I might also have depression and anxiety, but who wouldn't, right?

I also remember when the whole thing started, about the same time I thought I was just getting the flu.

I sometimes wonder if there isn't some kind virus out there causing problems for people and it hasn't been identified because the symptoms are similar to other problems, like sinus issues, depression, anxiety, and other things.

right now I'm torn between thinking it's something wrong with my immune system in my sinuses not protecting my brain from infections, and thinking that maybe it's some kind of depression(chemical imbalance) causing the spacey feeling, headaches and sinus problems. (I have had many theories)

Anyway wanted to let you know you are not alone, i've come across alot of people with similar sounding issues. I think we all need to share info, because doctors have been no help for me either. If I figure anything out i'll post it. hang in there, you have to believe you will get better.

Good luck hope you feel better. -DB

Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
Achycrafter
(female)

Achycrafter HB User
Re: 1 year brain fog, feeling high...

I am having a lot of the same issues and then some, but my problem is post concussion syndrome. Did you hit your head? Even a small bump to the head can cause problems. If that is the case I would suggest seeing a neuropsycologist for an evaluation and further recommendations. Please excuse spelling and grammar still not right with me. I hope you both feel better. I am over 400 days in a row without being free from a headache, dizziness, fatigue and vision problems.

Closed Thread