It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

Labyrinthitis Update!! 8 months in ...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
haychelle
(female)

haychelle HB User
Exclamation Labyrinthitis Update!! 8 months in ...

I haven't posted on here in quite awhile! Thought I'd give an update to those I've spoken to before, or offer a story for those that are new. I'm on my 8th month of labyrinthitis. I'm basically always lightheaded and still get dizzy spells and "brain shifts," which is much like the feeling you get when you're almost sleep and suddenly snap awake. The panic attacks are still present as well. For you females, I've noticed I feel much worse right before and during my cycle. Men, be thankful you don't have that weighing on you as well as this horrible illness in general.
I often think I'm going crazy, though I should know by now that this illness plays evil tricks on my mind. I'm so tired of feeling this way. The depersonalization is very very hard to deal with. Probably my least favorite symptom.
For those of you reading this who may have been recently diagnosed with labs, I cannot stress enough the importance of finding and sticking with a Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy plan! I stopped doing my exercises some time ago because I didn't think it was helping, but now I realize that I've allowed my brain to compensate incorrectly. I spend much of my time leaning over to my left side playing games on my Kindle to distract me from the symptoms and depression, but now I'm noticing that my symptoms are much worse when I sit upright. I think I may have inadvertently trained my brain that leaning slightly to the left is the "proper" position, so when I'm upright everything feels off. I wish I had done more in the beginning to train my brain correctly. I'm constantly praying that this illness will subside!

If there is anything I can do or answer for you regarding labyrinthitis, I'd be more than happy to help. Also, any help/advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to find a solid VRT plan to pick up again.

Prayers for your health and happiness!
H

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
Dionnechou
(female)

Dionnechou HB User
Re: Labyrinthitis Update!! 8 months in...

Hello there!!Sorry to bother you,

I am currently suffering with labyrinthitis.I know this thread is years old,but i was wondering if you feel better now,and how long did it take for you to get better?

Thank you so much!

Old 07-13-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Labyrinthitis Update!! 8 months in...

Dionne, it took my husband about six weeks for a full recovery. He had it many years ago and it has not returned. Feel better!

Reply Reply