It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board

Are these Keppra side effects?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
curious24
(female)

curious24 HB User
Are these Keppra side effects?

Sooo,
I had brain surgery to remove a tumor on May 30th, approximately 6 weeks ago. It was very sudden as I just went in for a CT Scan and wasn't allowed to leave the hospital.

I had been having severe headaches but never seizures and since the surgery have been on 500mg of Keppra 2 times a day and have been having some horrible symptoms that I think are side effects and feel like I can barely function.

My neuro seems to like to ignore me as every time me or either my home health nurses try to contact. the earliest we get a reply is no less than a week later. I still have not had a seizure and am wondering if it's safe to wean myself off. I would really like to go by his advise but am being ignored.

I have started decreasing how much Keppra I take. I'm 34 years old and healthy other wise (well so they tell me) and need to be able to return to work and not being able to stay awake or barely function on this is making that really hard. I don't know what to do.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-13-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply