It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board

My daughter has not woken up....

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #1
ang9045
(female)

ang9045 HB User
My daughter has not woken up....

Hello all,

I took my duaghter into the ER on Monday morning because her PCP said if she has anymore headaches that are accompanied with nausea she needs an MRI immediately. They discovered that the had a golf-sized tumor in her brain, by the stem, that was blocking her fluid pathways. As a result, her ventricles were huge with fluid and she wasn't able to walk or function properly. They said they had to operate immediately. Operation took almost 4 hours and was a success in that they got all of the tumor out. However, my daughter has not yet woken up, and it's been 10 days now. She is intermittently responsive, but also had a collapsed lung (almost twice), has had fevers and increased heartbeat that are all unexplained. Has anyone seen anything like this? Does anyone know what can be done, or if this is normal? Thank you.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-14-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply