It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board

Brain surgery - Meningioma

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
Scout555555
(female)

Scout555555 HB User
Brain surgery - Meningioma

Hello everybody,

I currently have a Meningioma in the right sphenoid wing that was 7 mm the last time I had an MRI. I was told by my Neurosurgeon that it had grown 50% from last time and he has suggested that I have suregery but is in no rush to do so. He at first advised February, then said even if I wanted to wait until summer since I have three daughters and had to plan it out I could. I asked for another MrI which is now planned for April. I have had previous brain surgery back in 1999 for an AVM in the left Temporal lobe and that took many months to recover. I had been goingl drs for a year when I started having language trouble and I was told it was just stress. It was not until I had a grand mal seizure that they discovered the Avm. They realized that I had been having Petit Mal seizures the entire year before. After the surgery I had more seizures due to the scar tissue and have been on seizure medication ever since. They discovered this tumor because I was having vision trouble and headaches, though it is very small and they are not sure if it was not related. I am now having more petit mal seizures. Does this seem like a good idea of my Neurosurgeon to wait on the surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
krysta704
(female)

krysta704 HB User
Re: Brain surgery - Meningioma

HI Scout,
How long had it been since the first MRI found the meningioma and the growth of 50%? I'm glad you are at least scheduled for the surgery, I would want to do it sooner rather then later. I just found out about my 10mm tumor, I have no idea where its located, its been 25 days and I'm still waiting for a neurosurgeons office to call for an appointment. Definitely frustrating.

Reply Reply