It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board

• Please help me, - fear over a brain tumor

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #1
    chickenx5
    (male)

chickenx5 HB User
    Please help me, - fear over a brain tumor

Ok, i have been getting better i think but lately i have been having many of the same symtpoms. Every once and a while i get sharp pains in my head near the frontal left area. I get these rarely but they still occur. I rarely get headaches. I seam to go through phases of getting them and not getting them. My left ear is usually muffled and ringing. I have constant feelings of unrealness. I used to get fainting spells where i came very close to fainting. I only really get these now when im preseanting at school. I have only preseanted once and luckly i didn't have to talk, it was with a group. But i still felt extremely faint the entire time. I felt like running out the door during the presantation. I also have wierd experiences in PE. When we run back and fourth in the gym i am fine. But than when i stop and take a breather i start getting for feelings of unrealness. Than when i start running again i feel so unreall i am going to pass out. Today in pe i stopped running to catch my breathe than when i started to run again i felt liek my arms weren't connected to my body and i was forced to stop running. It was wierd. I felt super unreall. I have feelimngs of pressure in my head when i first stand up. Around my nasal areas mostly. I have a constantly congested nose. Around the top of my nose it feels liek a vacuumm from my nasals. ITs just wierd. I have OCD. And i went to the doctor and he checked my eyes a stuff and i doubt he saw pressure. He would have said something. he said my dizzy spells were because of a growth spurt. I was 5,2" and i grew to 5.6"1/2 in like 4 months. So that really could be. What triggers the spells are i seam to focus on my breathing a lot and i feel like my thraot shrinks a little. And also when i have these wierd feelings my jaw movement feels wierd and it feels liek the back of my throat is a baloon. I am always thinking about a brain tumor. What do you guys think about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
    chickenx5
    (male)

chickenx5 HB User
    Re: Please help me, - fear over a brain tumor

please someone respond

Old 05-10-2005, 04:39 PM   #3
    velvet48
    Veteran
    (female)

velvet48 HB User

hi hon. well, i really do not know what to tell you. i get those stabbing pains in my head sometimes as well, and i know they hurt. i used to worry something was going on in my head as well, but have had to have 3 mri's of the brain for another reason and nothing was there. so, i don't know what causes these to happen.
    try talking to your dr again, or if this dr is not being helpful at all, maybe it's time to find a new dr. the dr should not just ignor your feelings here, and whatever symptoms you are having. mayb e you can get them to do a mri just to ease your mind.
    good luck
    karen

Last edited by velvet48; 05-10-2005 at 04:39 PM.

Old 05-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
    twizliz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twizliz HB User

from all of your posts, I'm almost 100% certain that you have panic disorder. Before I was diagnosed w/it, I would have these spells where I couldn't breathe, my head would hurt, everything would go numb and I'd pass out. After seeing a few doctors, one finally figured out what was wrong--- anxiety and panic. I highly suggest seeing a doctor that is known for their mental health care. I take paxil and don't have any problems anymore like I did before. Have you thought about going to see a school counselor?

Old 05-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #5
    chickenx5
    (male)

chickenx5 HB User

ok thanks. I just needed reasurrence. But that helps knowing someone had the same thign and it was no tumor. Thanks

Old 05-11-2005, 08:49 AM   #6
    Sunlover
    Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Chicken, I feel really bad for you for you to be like this so young (worried about a brain tumor like you do!), you're a teenager, you are in the best years of your life, I KNOW what kind of mental he-ll you are going through and to be going through it at, what did you say you were, 14? is so sad, - and I can tell you EXACTLY how you are: After some really good reassurance you are happy, you are "living life", then maybe in 2 days, a week, a month... maybe even ONE day, those dark thoughts start creeping back in, slowly... until your every thought is CONSUMED with it. You'll look at a bird and instead of being happy you think, "Here I am with a brain tumor and that bird sings happily without a care in the world" and you feel a dark cloud over you. Am I right?

First of all - there is no pain with a brain tumor until you are already in the last stages and your family is gathered around you for your last days in bed! Secondly all those symptoms sound like anxiety/panic! Has anyone ever recommended any of Claire Weeks' books to you? If you need a few titles I'll give them to you. They are great!!
    You said you passed those little tests and did fine (in a previous post). Anytime you want reassurance just post away, I understand TOTALLY!

Old 05-11-2005, 02:54 PM   #7
    chickenx5
    (male)

chickenx5 HB User

no not really about the bird thing. A little though. This really is not ruining my life. I ride motorycles every week have friends and i do everything i like. These sytmoms aren't ruining me.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #8
    Sunlover
    Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chickenx5
    no not really about the bird thing. A little though. This really is not ruining my life. I ride motorycles every week have friends and i do everything i like. These sytmoms aren't ruining me.
    I'm glad to hear that! Enjoy!

Old 05-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #9
    chickenx5
    (male)

chickenx5 HB User

oh and a few more things. Thats so annoying when i first get up and my head feels liek a vaccumm!!!!!!. And also i notice after i do any liek running or anything my right eye seams to close a little. But the left stays normal. And also i have little sharp pains. But i think i was also thinking about a tumor.

Closed Thread