HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Brain Tumors (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-tumors/)
-   -   Brain Tumor Symptoms (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-tumors/497203-brain-tumor-symptoms.html)

n9ne 05-07-2007 07:46 PM

Brain Tumor Symptoms

For those who have had brain tumors, what were the symptoms u had? just headaches,seizures, vision problems? Thanks for any info

bluebell22 05-08-2007 05:59 AM

Re: Brain Tumor Symptoms

My husband had a brain tumour 4 years ago and he had no symptoms at all. He had a head scan for an ear problem he's had all his life and the tumour showed up on the scan. He had it removed and is fine now. Now a friend of mine had a brain tumour and had extremely bad headaches on waking in the morning, dizziness and loss of balance. I suppose it depends on where the tumour is and how big it is regarding symptoms.

best wishes, bluebell

lorri 05-08-2007 06:05 PM

The first symptom my mother had was seizures. Two months after her surgery for lung cancer.

HELLASRULES 05-09-2007 05:24 AM

I had some slight visual disturbance. Tumor size and location would dictate any symptoms.

Mellee 05-12-2007 04:02 PM

My dad had severe and I do mean very severe headaches, visual disturbances. He had hallucinations and seizures

n9ne 05-16-2007 02:26 PM

Thanks for the replys

spidercomrade 06-07-2007 12:59 PM

What kinds of visual disturbances are common for a brain tumor?

HELLASRULES 06-07-2007 04:33 PM

[QUOTE=spidercomrade;3031406]What kinds of visual disturbances are common for a brain tumor?[/QUOTE]
I don't know what are common ones, I can only tell you what I had/have.
First I noticed a spinning, multi-colored dot in my vision which turned into what looked like an occular migraine aura. That spot has since become a splotchy area which is permanent and interferes with my vision.

WaitingForStuff 06-07-2007 05:49 PM

ive had a headache for about 8 days now, im hoping its not a brain tumor, if it is, is it curable? and can i die from it?

spidercomrade 06-08-2007 07:41 AM

I have recently developed a small splotch in my left eye, like the image that a lightbulb would leave if you looked at it for too long. I don't notice it all the time; it seems it goes away but it always comes back in the same place. Something to be worried about?

HELLASRULES 06-08-2007 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=spidercomrade;3032987]I have recently developed a small splotch in my left eye, like the image that a lightbulb would leave if you looked at it for too long. I don't notice it all the time; it seems it goes away but it always comes back in the same place. Something to be worried about?[/QUOTE]

Hi Spider,
Mine affects both eyes. I had my eye doctor check it out just to be sure it wasn't my eyes doing the funky spot. Wasn't. Got worse after the craniotomy also. Bummer.
So you might want to get an eye exam and ask them about it. Lots of stuff can go wrong with the eyes.
Hellas

spidercomrade 06-09-2007 09:14 AM

Ok. Went back to the doctor yesterday as he requested if the antibiotics didn't significantly improve me in a week. He said that he still could find nothing worryingly wrong with me. He suggested an appointment with the eye doctor and said that he would try to schedule a scan sometime next week. He asked me if I would feel better if he definitively ruled out any major problem and I said yes. He doesn't seem concerned at all.

Jemac 06-10-2007 03:45 PM

In Sept, 2001, my sister's brain tumor caused her to see "balloons in the sky", along with missing seeing cars, while driving, depending how she held her head. She couldn't think straight and would ask how someone was doing, even though they had previously passed away.

My sister is now 95% back to where she was, although she now forgets things and repeats them over and over, on phone conversations, not realizing she already told the same story many times.

In 2003, my brother fell on the floor and was on the floor until his son came home and found him. He had headaches for the previous month or two, and decided not to take most his meds. He never recovered much from his operation and has to be cared for, for the rest of his life.

filfilshatta 06-30-2007 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=WaitingForStuff;3031930]ive had a headache for about 8 days now, im hoping its not a brain tumor, if it is, is it curable? and can i die from it?[/QUOTE]

headache for 8 ys really needs to be investigated and search for the cause
it may be related to a medical illness that may be controlled or something local in the brain that needs some lab studies and ct brain ,i think
plus it depends on how u feel that headache (as pain or clusters or knocking)also depends on the site and th time u feel it
i hope u'll consult ur dr 4 it