It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board

• shunt in brain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
    rachelrenee
    (female)

rachelrenee HB User
    Exclamation shunt in brain?

I COULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT ALL MY MEDICAL PROBLEMS.

BUT THE BIGGEST ISSUE IS MY HEAD PAIN. I THINK IM FINALLY GONNA GET SOME RELIEF. LETS SEE HOW CAN I EXPLAIN THIS........ IVE GOT LUPUS AND LOTS OF PROBLEMS. THEY, THE MANY DOCTORS TELL ME IN MY HEAD I HAVE A CHIARI MALFORMATION, SUB HEMATOMA, TUMORS BEHIND EACH EYE AND HIGH PRESSURE. SO FOR A LONG TIME IVE BEEN DEALING WITH HEAD PAIN, PRESSURE BEHIND EYES, PAIN ON SINUS AREAS, PAIN IS WORSE WHEN I LIE DOWN, VISION LOSS, DOUBLE VISION, CONFUSION, MEMORY LOSS. IVE HAD A FEW LPs AND NOT REALLY HELPED. IN NOVEMBER I HAD ONE AND PRESSURE WAS 26 BROUGHT TO AN 11 AND I WAS GREAT A FEW HOURS LATER AND LASTED FOR A WEEK. THEN IT ALL CAME BACK AND A WEEK AGO TAPPED AGAIN WITH SAME PRESSURES BUT THIS TIME I HAVNT GOTTEN MUCH RELIEF. THE MD THAT HAS BEEN DOING THE LP WENT OUT AND CALLED A FAVOR IN FOR ME AND I GOT IN TO SEE A NEURO WHO WANTS TO PUT A SHUNT IN MY BRAIN. NOW I AM FUZZY THEESE DAYS SO I HAVE QUESTIONS BUT NOT SURE IF I HAVE ALL THE RIGHT ONES AND ALSO I WANT SOME FEEDBACK FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD THIS PROCEDURE DONE. WHAT ARE THE RISKS FOR INFECTION? DOC SAID ITS BRAIN SURGERY IT WONT BE IMMEDIATE RELEIF, BUT EVERY DAY IT WILL GET BETTER. HOW LONG IS THE USUAL STAY IN HOSPITAL? HOW LONG BEFORE I GET ANY RELIEF? I GUESS I JUST WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YALL CAN TELL ME ABOUT IT. ANY ADVICE? HELPPPPP PLEASEEEEE!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread