It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board

• my head just doesn't feel the same! is this panic disorder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-16-2009, 02:46 AM   #1
    Rcoldsummer
    (male)

Rcoldsummer HB User
    my head just doesn't feel the same! is this panic disorder?

I had a severe panic attack recently..i was rushed to a hosiptal by ambulance. The panic attack lasted like two hours. I felt like I literally went insane and even had minor hallucinations. The doctor gave medication but I am only supposed to take it when I have a panic attack. Ever since then, my head has just never felt the same. I feel pressure like really deep inside my head and find it hard to concentrate at times. I also feel very paranoid and disconnected from everything at times. The pressure is also felt in my nose and eyes. I went to the hosiptal and got a brain scan and they said I did have any tumors. I was just wodnering if this is even a symptom of panic dissorder...and if it is...how common is it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
    hopekeys
    (male)

hopekeys HB User
    Re: my head just doesn't feel the same! is this panic disorder?

it could be. I've had panic attacks for the last 3 year's and since then i was rushed to the hospital 4 time's and i have had all kind of weird pressures and pain's and the more i thought about them the worse it became. i also went to have a MRI due to a sever pressure i was having in my head, it all turned out to be in my mind. panic attacks can make you feel just about anything real or not

Old 02-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
    olives
    (male)

olives HB User

yes that is panic disorder.

Last edited by msmod; 02-19-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Removed inapproprite question.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
    dreamingdenali
    (female)

dreamingdenali HB User

I think it's pretty common. I think a lot of people with panic disorder feel like they are bugging out, and the feelings in my head are often just from fatigue. I feel like my brain is stretched out. I always assumed it was normal.

Last edited by dreamingdenali; 02-21-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 AM   #5
    mboy79
    (male)

mboy79 HB User

Hi I recently had this problem and stumbled upon a cure by accident really.. It may not be the same thing but It might help. I had pressure around my head for a few months, sometimes quite intense. I changed my diet to one without starches and grains, each meal I have a serving of good protein, veg and fats.. maybe a peice of fruit after. the fats are very important, even if it meant having protein and veg and just a few spoonfools of peanut butter or a few decent handful of nuts.. fat should be your new staple not rice or pasta. It burns longer and doesnt cause wild insulin imbalances.. anyway I tried this and within 24 hours my head pressure and all the associated panic attacks were basically gone.

hope this helps

Last edited by msmod; 03-10-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Don't post "How To" search instructions. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread