It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board

• 28 year-old male with low testosterone and migraines

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #31
    viper911
    (male)

viper911 HB User
    Re: 28 year-old male with low testosterone and migraines

The body has an amazing way of repairing itself when there is not permanent damage.. Permanent damage can come in the form such as vascular compromise causing tissue death or traumatic injury causing tissue injury or toxic chemicals causing irreversible cell injury.. If this is the case then fine ,.. TRT is the only treatment option .. I will accept this .... BUT if there's a reversible cause to this pituitary dysfunction then heck yeah .. I want to find the cause and treat it accordingly.. There's a study coming out next month in the endocrine journal about the Chinese researchers who gave healthy guys testosterone injections resulting in male contraception .. They were given TRT via injections for over 3 years and in the end everyone returned to their normal fertile state except two study subjects.. My point is that even with 3 years of testosterone injections .. Once off they returned to normal fertile self .. I have to read the actual article to see if their t levels returned to normal or not .. Therefore if your pit is healthy otherwise there's a good chance of full recovery...
    I am in the process of looking for a physician in the field of toxicology who can order a battery of tests to rule out toxins as the cause of my secondary huppgonadism .. I am not giving in to TRT without a fight first ..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2009, 06:53 AM   #32
    jerryb
    (male)

jerryb HB User

Another quick update: I saw my endocrinologist again today, and he had the results of the blood work from last week. My T was up to 353, which is lower than I would like but definitely an improvement. I'm not sure if some of that might not be the result of the blood being drawn in the morning rather than the afternoon, but at least it's in the normal range now. The endo suggested we just wait it out for the summer and retest it then to see what kind of effect my decreased drinking has on it. I haven't had a drink in 19 days now, but the endo said if I just drank moderately that it shouldn't really effect my T levels. So my plan now is to keep off the booze for the next 11 days to make it an even 30, then resume drinking moderately, then see where I'm at at the end of the summer.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #33
    viper911
    (male)

viper911 HB User

Hey dude , why not stop drinking all together., from all the readings I have done .. Alcohol can have a definite effect on testosterone level.. Eliminate all toxins !! Just my opinion on the subject..

Just an interesting update .. I was on androgel for 2 weeks 6 pumps per day and I measured my level 3 hrs after application and my testosterone level was 1800!!! Wow .. But I was still feeling crappy so I stopped androgel all together and now it's been a week off TRT and I'm feeling very fatigued , brain fog , dizzy and depressed and very irritable..

The unusual thing is that by 4-5 pm I start to feel a little better .. It's worse in the morning and better in afternoon and early evening ..

Does anybody feel this way also ? I wonder why this is the case .. ??

Any help would be appreciated

Old 05-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #34
    barcafan
    (male)

barcafan HB User

Because there's a TON of other hormones involved, alot of the times Testosterone isn't the ONLY problem. Which is why you need comprehensive hormonal testing. Look up these drs: Crisler, Shippen,Marianco. They actually know what they're doing regarding HRT. The androgel could be aromatizing into, estrogen causing a spike, or your adrenals/thyroid may be malfunctioning, it can be so many different things its just too hard to guess, which is why a compedent doctor is like the most important factor in success.

Last edited by barcafan; 05-16-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #35
    viper911
    (male)

viper911 HB User

Thanks for the info .. You're absolutely right there could be an interplay with the thyroid and adrenals .. Comprehensive testing is the way to go!

Who's better crisler or shippen?

Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #36
    viper911
    (male)

viper911 HB User

Bmoose,
    From all my readings theres a definite correlation between alcohol use and low t just in case your wondering.
    Google "hypogonadism " or "low t " and alcohol.

Also you might want to check a vit 12 , folate and thiamine level on yourself bc these tend to be low in those who drink a lot..

Good luck

Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #37
    fireant2222
    (male)

fireant2222 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by viper911 View Post
    Hey dude , why not stop drinking all together., from all the readings I have done .. Alcohol can have a definite effect on testosterone level.. Eliminate all toxins !! Just my opinion on the subject..

Just an interesting update .. I was on androgel for 2 weeks 6 pumps per day and I measured my level 3 hrs after application and my testosterone level was 1800!!! Wow .. But I was still feeling crappy so I stopped androgel all together and now it's been a week off TRT and I'm feeling very fatigued , brain fog , dizzy and depressed and very irritable..

The unusual thing is that by 4-5 pm I start to feel a little better .. It's worse in the morning and better in afternoon and early evening ..

Does anybody feel this way also ? I wonder why this is the case .. ??

Any help would be appreciated
    Yes, I do feel that way.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #38
    jerryb
    (male)

jerryb HB User

Just a quick update. I've now gone 31 days without a drink, but I haven't felt much improvement. I think I'm going to try to see my endo as soon as possible and see if we can try clomid, and if he won't go for that, maybe TRT. I' just sick of feeling this way, and nothing I've tried so far seems to be helping much.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #39
    crack97
    (male)

crack97 HB User

I've been on TRT (injections) for a month now and don't see a noticable difference yet. I had my testosterone tested a week after my first injection and it was up to 458 (from 200), which is still low for my age (33). Going back to the doctor next week.

I also saw an alternative medicine doctor and he urged me to do the saliva cortisol & dhea test, which I had been thinking about doing anyway. Hopefully that will be back this week and give some insight as to why I feel so crappy.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #40
    barcafan
    (male)

barcafan HB User

Crack, hes checking for Adrenal fatigue, which is very important thing to check for IMO.

Also thyroid function should be checked.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #41
    crack97
    (male)

crack97 HB User

Yep...alot of my symptoms seem to point that way, even though my blood cortisol tests looked fine. I am hypothyroid but my doctors agree that I am properly medicated for that at this point.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #42
    barcafan
    (male)

barcafan HB User

Blood Cortisol is unreliable. Salivary or Urine is the way to check for cort.

Closed Thread