It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board

• Could This Be A Brain Tumor?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
    sally95
    (female)

sally95 HB User
    Question Could This Be A Brain Tumor?

Hi there!
    So, two years ago, I had a seizure out of the blue and started hallucinating after that. (later on, I was diagnosed with a schizophrenic disorder) But the main concern was psychiatric so my doctor did not order any type of head scan at the time.

Since then, I've experienced gradual cognitive impairment. I went from getting A's in AP and Honors classes, to special education.

And in the past few months, I started experiencing blackouts. One of them lasted two weeks. And by blackouts, I mean not remembering anything at all during a certain time period. I'm still getting them but only for a day or two. I guess it can be descirbed as "losing time."

For a long time, I've gotten really bad headaches. I usually wake up with them and they last all day with no relief from pain killers or rest.

And I have no idea if this has anything to do with this, but I also have this issue where I laugh or smile at inappropiate times. For example, my mom and I got in a car accident a couple of weeks ago and instead of being a little shaken, I started laughing uncontrollably.

Now, I'm not freaking out about this, I'm just curious...my psychiatrist is trying to get an MRI for me because he is concerned about the seizure(s), blackouts, and cognitive impairment. But it's taking several weeks so I'm just getting anxious to figure out what's going on. Thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
    Penguinboy55
    (male)

Penguinboy55 HB User
    Re: Could This Be A Brain Tumor?

You don't get seizures from schizophrenia. You should ask for a thorough neurologic exam. Because brain tumors can cause hallucinations as we'll. an MRI or ct scan would be most appropriate.

Closed Thread

Tags
    brain, cancer, headaches, tumor