It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board

• PLEASE HELP. I feel I have a brain tumor

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-20-2015, 05:06 PM   #1
    Leamthis
    (male)

Leamthis HB User
    Smile PLEASE HELP. I feel I have a brain tumor

Hi all. I am a 25 year old male, physically fit. It all started about 3 months ago, mild tingling on my face during workouts. This progressed to tingling all over my face (almost like hair dragging down my face). Then I started getting muscle twitches all over my body (face, legs, arms, shoulders, abs). And now I have severe headaches, feel very fatigued and dizzy, see floating shapes in eyes, and feel weak in the legs. The headaches don't respond well to Advil. They seem to be worse in the evenings and not so bad in the mornings. Always on the top left of my head, felt like an elastic band was wrapped around my head the other night. It's like a dull burning sensation in my head. Doesn't get worse when I bend over or anything like that.

I went and saw my gp and she said my symptoms were extremely odd and is scheduling me for an MRI in a couple MONTHS. I can't wait that long. I had to quit my job because of this.

I do have an anxiety disorder diagnosed 10 years ago. Never took meds for it and kind of grew out of it, but as of late the anxiety has been EXTREME! I also have no appetite and get nauseous at times, but I feel that may be from anxiety.

I fear that I have a brain tumor. Can anybody help me on this? Thanks.

Leam.

Last edited by Leamthis; 03-20-2015 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Forgot symptom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP. I feel I have a brain tumor

I am no doctor, and I have no experience with brain tumors, but my opinion is that your tingling and muscle twitches and maybe even the feeling on top of your head are all related to your muscles reacting to your workouts. Have you had blood work done? Are you drinking enough water? A person can become symptomatic from dehydration.
    Try a cold compress on your head- I'd be curious to know if it makes a difference for you. Even a frozen bag of peas will suffice.
    I think that your anxiety is also a big wild card in the equation, because so very many symptoms can be blamed on it.
    I wish you the very best.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #3
    Leamthis
    (male)

Leamthis HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetpotato13 View Post
    I am no doctor, and I have no experience with brain tumors, but my opinion is that your tingling and muscle twitches and maybe even the feeling on top of your head are all related to your muscles reacting to your workouts. Have you had blood work done? Are you drinking enough water? A person can become symptomatic from dehydration.
    Try a cold compress on your head- I'd be curious to know if it makes a difference for you. Even a frozen bag of peas will suffice.
    I think that your anxiety is also a big wild card in the equation, because so very many symptoms can be blamed on it.
    I wish you the very best.
    Hi and thanks so much for the reply. I have had blood tests that included a cbc, tsh progressive and blood sugar and all came back normal. I haven't done any workouts in the past 2 weeks because the symptoms have got so bad. I do drink quite a bit of water. I've been working out almost 5 years and this is the first I've ever noticed these symptoms. I am definitely going to try a bag of peas on the head. Thanks so much for the input!!

Old 03-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

IF the peas work, then my belief is that your pain is muscular, not a brain tumor.

Reply Reply

Tags
    anxiety, brain, brain and nervous system, brain tumor, neurological muscle disorder twitch spasm