It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board

Groin, Femur, Lower Back EMG

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
6monthsofhell
(female)

6monthsofhell HB User
Groin, Femur, Lower Back EMG

Fell in the bathtub July 4 2015. 5.5" contusion on left quad, groin, hip, lower back pain, also under patella and on inner knee. Didn't even care about my sprained shoulder, concussion or numbness on my fingers on my left hand because from a 1-10 this was a 9. I only say that because I've given natural birth. I thought I'd broken my femur. ER, X-ray nothing. Morphine shot nothing. (Meaning it didn't help) oxycodone 10 mgs, nothing. MRI finds the contusion but nothing to explain groin or knee pain. Pain Mgmt. 50 mgs Fentanyl and 10mgs Norco as needed. Physical therapy. 2.5 months down the road and I can actually walk again!!! I wean myself off the Norco and go se my Dr and show him how excited I am and how well I'm doing and ask if we should begin to wean off the Fentanyl. He says yes. So it's working out fine. I decide to take my dog to the park because it's been so long since I've been able to give her a walk. Standing, minding my own business and I get taken out by a Great Dane, full speed, head first directly into my femur. Needless to say re-injured plus!! Have been in PT for months now. MRI's show nothing, back to the Fentanyl patch but now my ins won't pay for it AND my pharmacy of 10 years won't fill it. Finally I go for an emg and he tests my ankle and below my knee, says I'm normal and sends me home. I'm normal he says. Umm, my pain is in my femur, groin, hip, knee and lower back! I'm not a Dr but what just happened to me. They say the body temp matters but my 20 minute wait in the 50 degree waiting room didn't matter? He said my muscle relaxer was fine to take so I did. Now just about everything I read says don't take muscle relaxers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply