It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board

• i fell up a bus...now what is this dent in my shin?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
    blackstar23
    (female)

blackstar23 HB User
    i fell up a bus...now what is this dent in my shin?

About 4-5 years ago, i had a leg injury. I was racing my brother up the stairs of a school bus (i know..dumb.) but i tripped and my lower shin smashed into the step. I thought I had broken my leg it hurt sooo much. As i sat on the bus, i was examining my leg and I had never broken my leg so I didnt know what it felt like. I touched where my leg had hit the step and there was a hole. I naturally freaked out. So i went to the hospital. I believe they took x rays..and they came back and told me I had a contusion. They basically said it was a bruise. I rested the leg for a while and the bruising went down. But ever since this injury, i have a hole...or dent if you will...in the middle of my shin. On occasion i have pain in that area, and it concerns me that there is still a dent there...could this be a future problem that has been overlooked seeing as my doctor has never examined this....just the hospital? if anyone has had the same injury/problem and know more about it...or anyone who just happens to know about this...please let me know if this is something of possible concern. Thanks!

Last edited by blackstar23; 08-15-2005 at 07:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2007, 07:38 AM   #2
    krzy22kaz
    (female)

krzy22kaz HB User
    Lightbulb Re: i fell up a bus...now what is this dent in my shin?

you may laugh but... Many years ago i was very drunk and fell down a flight of concrete steps - but due to my drunkeness i somehow managed to 'bounce' down on both shins in a kneeling position all the way. At the time i didnt feel much pain and danced the night away. The next day of course my legs looked like i had been hit with a crowbar and it was agony. It took weeks for the bruises to go and no stupidly i didnt go the doctor. I can feel 2or 3 dents in each shin bone when i rub my fingers down them. They are almost always painful to touch and often i get shooting pains/aches out of the blue when resting. My shins hurt after running or heavy activity and i find that kneeling flat on the floor is agony!. Obviously the more physical activity i do the more they hurt but the problems have never completly gone away. I have just learned to live with it, and have not gone to the doctor as i guess that the injury was so long ago they wouldnt be able to see it on x-ray or anything plus i'd feel like a right fool! I have given up going running now as id have to leave at least a weeks gap to be able to run pain free, i go hiking alot instead and its fine. Also skiing is a problem but i find after a day or so my boots soften and im fine. Whenever the pain returns i battle with myself 'should i go to the doctor?' but never do.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
    EscapeTheFate
    (female)

EscapeTheFate HB User
    Re: i fell up a bus...now what is this dent in my shin?

i have the same thing! I was at a concert and i was leaning on my shins on a monotor w/ my whole weight and being pushed aginst it an now i have two holes in my shin and they hurt when they get hit. People keet telling me to go to the doctor but it happened 5 months ago so i figure there is nothing they can do.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:06 AM   #4
    barbw
    (female)

barbw HB User
    Re: i fell up a bus...now what is this dent in my shin?

I have had a dent in my shin since I was 7 when I was jumping up on a slide, missed and the end of the slide sliced into my shin. My parents did not have a lot of money, and since I could still walk, they didn't take me to the hospital. Now I have a huge dent in my leg, very ugly! But, it does not seem to have caused any other damage.

Closed Thread