It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board

• Suffering mysterious legs pain for 10 month !!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
    Battosaiii
    (male)

Battosaiii HB User
    Red face Suffering mysterious legs pain for 10 month !!!

Hello,
    I am new in this forum. I know that lot of people are suffering out there. I am not the man who suffers the most on earth. But I am 23 and I hope this problem wont last forever . If you know something about this kind of problem tell me please!

When it happens ?
    It happens while I was walking a lot last summer. I was walking too much. It was hot. I was not drinking water too much in a day. Also i was following my friend
    who was walking faster than me. That is why my legs are hurting.

Before it happens
    Before it happens i was most of the time at bed because i was ill (it lasts 2 or 3 weeks). I do not know if it is correlated. I do not smoke. I was doing jogging,cycling everyday, karate(3 times in a week) before illness. I was eating healthy food(no Mc ). The bad point may be overtraining ?

ALL exams have been made except IRM
    So I have done all the tests possibles(radio(back),scanner(back),bloo d work,echo doppler,electromyogram,.None of them were relevant ! Pain killer and inflammatory doesn't work.Futhermore It is not resless leg,fibromagy... The only test which gives something is radio : minime protusion of the disk l5 s1. I tried to do some medical exercice with my physiotherapist but it doesn't resolve the pain. She concludes the pain I feel doesn't come from the diskl5 s1(back).

Short description of a typical day
    I do not intend to cry on myself with this description. If you know or have this kind of pain. Tell me the solution . It would help a young man who may stop his studies if it continues. It would help my social life, mind situation... I would be able to do sports, meet people, girls ! SAVE ME

I am just guessing from anatomy the name of the muscle. I am not
    sure that i am right !!

Sunday 23/04/2006

Situation : in the morning I have walked to a store 300 m from my home at 10 am.
    I stayed at my flat till 4pm.
    At 4pm I go downstairs (2 stages).Then I walked till the road. At this moment
    i am starting to feel pain in the gemellus leg ( from little the pain takes
    another step medium).

Then I get back to my flat an sit down on a chair. At some point the pain rises
    around the top of the thigh. If I get up the pain in the thigh stops. The pain
    behind the leg is still here. After few minutes the pain( unpleasant
    stingling in the thigh ) appears again. I get up again and it stops when i am
    standing on my legs(not completely).

I am not a doctor so muscle name is just my guess from anatomy picture.

After a short walk of 200 hundred meters to go to the shop and 2 stairs to go down :

at standing position : feeling very little stringling behind the thigh(bottom part),
    more stringling in the gemellus leg ( in the top part behind the leg).

at sitting position : feeling medium strinling/tightness behind the thigh. Feeling
    medium pain in the gemellus leg. But I do feel more the pain in the thigh. It is very
    unpleasant to sit.

After this i tried to walk for a while :

73 sec : pain rises a little
    110 sec : tightness/stringling rises in gemellus leg
    130 sec : very localised sensation( bowl sensation ?) behind the leg at the top.
    tightness sensation is rising.
    3 minutes : (time to time ( bowl sensation)
    4 minutes : pain is rising
    6 minutes : tightness and burning sensations
    9 minutes : little skin sensation around the knee + tightness and burning sensations

after this little walk sitting position : same but feeling a little better

Before sleeping : feeling burning point behind the leg in the top part.
    Burning sensation at few points in the leg. It is very annoying.
    Monday 24/04/2006

This day i walk a lot :
    starting from 1pm :
    _2 stages to go down +50 meteres on foot
    _1km bycicle
    _ 200 meters on foot in order to go to swimming pool
    _50 minutes of swimming pool at around 40 minutes feeling like having a
    puncture behind the leg (gemellus muscle) top part
    _Then I did 200 meters on foot to go to the library+ 2 stages to go upstairs+
    400 meters in building
    _1km cycling back home

back home :
    usually after swimming I feel releases but after 2 hours in my room It
    is getting worse.
    In my room i am feeling important stringling/puncture in the top part
    behind the thigh.When i pushed the pain rises( annoying sensation).
    The pain is more important in the top parts behind the leg at sitting position.
    Also i am feeling important tightness at both gemellus muscle. Although it is
    more painful in the right leg.
    => result difficult to work at my computer in the sitting position. As a result
    I get up often and go to bed early.

Futhermore this night i have big dificulty to get asleep. I am feeling burning
    sensation in the legs mostly in gemellus muscle and top part of the thigh.
    At this moment i was thinking about leaving the country. And having rest in France.

tuesday 25/04/2006

When I got up the pain has decreased from last night. After 2km cycling
    this morning and 400 meters on foot to go on campus i am having bad sensation
    in the same areas. However the pain is less painful that yesterday. I would
    say it is medium + stringling sensation.

Conclusion

This problem makes me depressed. My family spend lot of money for my education. On september i am expecting to finally have a job and i think i wont be able to do some jobs. For instance jobs where I need to walk would be too difficult for me !! Thanks if you have read till the end . NEED HELP !!

Last edited by Battosaiii; 04-25-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2006, 12:28 AM   #2
    trg247
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
    Re: Suffering mysterious legs pain for 10 month !!!

a back injury can cause your legs to hurt. When I injured my back I had a strong pain go all the way to my foot on the outside of the leg, sciatic. When my back was bad I never felt the pain in my back but only my legs.

take care
    trg247
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
    Pristiq
    Cymbalta
    Seroquel
    Temazapam

Closed Thread