It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board

• Cut near 'bottom' not healing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
    Teeftof
    (male)

Teeftof HB User
    Cut near 'bottom' not healing

Ok, Pretty strange question, but it's just started to bother me as the 'cut' doesn't seem to be dissapearing.

Basically i seem to have aquired, from what i believe, is a cut inconveniently placed near the inside of one of my bum cheeks.. I cant access seeing this due to it being in this place, however, everytime i've just been to the toilet blood is always on the toilet paper.

Now, the question/s are: Why is this not healing? is it due to the fact it cant as i'm 'wiping' often? Due to it being in this perticular place, has it a higher chance of infection? Also, can anyone give me some tips on what to do to treat it?

i've tried to put it in the nicest wording..

Thanks all,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
    Re: Cut near 'bottom' not healing

Could it be something to do with hemorroids (sp?). Unusual bleeding is always a concern and you ought to run it by your doctor.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:16 AM   #3
    Teeftof
    (male)

Teeftof HB User

There doesn't seem to be a lump though, from what i've researched, hemorroids seem to bubble up? Is that the case for them in general or could in some cases they just look like a gash?

I think it may just be a cut which hasn't been able to heal due to it being 'in that place'.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I have heard of hemorroids being internal and not necessarily that visibly on the outside, but then again i'm no expert on them either.

For cuts/sores etc tea tree or hydrogen peroxide dabbed on it should help to keep away infection and to dry it up so it can heal faster. Otherwise a doctors visit might be advisable. The only other thing i could remotely think of, which a lot of people dont even given a thought to, is if you are sexually active then there is a chance it could be herpes. Herpes doesn't always look like the pics on the net, it can appear as a cut, a sore, a rash. A doctor swabbing the sore can usually tell through a culture whether it's herpes or not.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #5
    Lilacs&Lillies
    (female)

Lilacs&Lillies HB User

Two things come to my mind as a possibility, one Audrey mentioned - Herpes. Herpes can present like a paper cut type ulcer. The other thing at comes to mind is an anal fissure. An anal fissure is a small tear or cut in the skin lining the anus which can cause pain and/or bleeding.

Fissures can be difficult to heal as each time the person has a bowel movement, the sphincter gets stretched and tears it open again. I would see albout having your doctor check to see what the problem is. In the meantime, you might try increasing the fiber and water in your diet and using a stool softener to make for easier BM's. Stool softeners can be purchased over the counter at any drug or superstore. (Look near the laxative section.) The other thing you might try is a sitz bath a couple times a day. (These are basins you fill with warm water then place over the commode... then sit in to soak your bottom. A shallow bath is just as good.

A friend of mine said her husband had an anal fissure that just would not heal. She said they finally injected botox near that part of his sphincter and it finally healed.

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Lilacs&Lillies; 01-14-2007 at 04:44 PM.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
    Teeftof
    (male)

Teeftof HB User

Ok, after researching a bit more about them, the symptoms sound dead on with the anal tear/fissure apart from the main symptom being pain when going to the toilet... I dont feel any pain with it.

I'm now trying tea tree and shallow baths to see if this helps.

Thanks again for your replies.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:18 AM   #7
    ocyogi
    (male)

ocyogi HB User

This could also be an anal fistula. I had this a number of years ago, a "small cut near the anus". It would just never heal. After a year I finally had surgery. Go see a proctologist for this.

Closed Thread