It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board

• Severe Sun Burn with tiny bumps???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
    BeckyPie7
    Inactive
    (female)

BeckyPie7 HB User
    Severe Sun Burn with tiny bumps???

I was at the beach this weekend and it was 105 F. I put on SPF 45 a couple of times throughout the day. Apparently, I didn't put it on often enough because I ended up with a terrible sunburn. Today I woke up and it hurt worse than before. It took me a couple of tries to get dressed. As I was rubbing my aloe on I felt small bumps (the size of goose bumps) all over the burned area. I looked closely at the parts I could see (the worst part is on my back). It looks like a huge rash. There are small bumps all over it. I had a fried to got sun poisoning and had huge blisters. These look almost line itty bitty blisters all clustered together.
    Does anyone know what this is? Is it sun poisoning? Should I go to the doctor about this or is it something I should just ride out? I've been burned before but this is extra bad and my wedding is next month. I don't want any marks on my skin on the wedding day. Also, does anyone know what I could do to take the pain away. I have been putting aloe on it and taking advil but it does little to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User
    Re: Severe Sun Burn with tiny bumps???

Yes it is a part of sun poisoning. Too much sun for me and the same thing happens. When is your wedding day? Congratulations. My son is actually getting married on the 20th. We are all staying out of the sun for that same reason. Nothing I know of seems to get rid of them quick. Maybe ask a doctor for some prescription creme. Good Luck, Linda

Last edited by Linda_in_NJ; 06-09-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-09-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
    BeckyPie7
    Inactive
    (female)

BeckyPie7 HB User

My wedding is July 26th. I'm pretty sure that it will be gone by then but I had a friend who got sun poisoning and she had scars from the little blisters. I don't want that to happen. I'm actually a little baffled at my bad burn. My sister brought spf 45 with her and I put it on every couple of hours. My friends even made fun of me for sitting under the umbrella for most of the day. The only time I was in the sun was for about 20 minutes when I was laying on a towel and a couple of times when I went into the water.
    I'm just in a ton of pain right now. I almost called off work because I was hurting so badly.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Becky. It will be gone by then but try to stay out of the sun. Keep putting aloe or soothing lotion on it. Sunburn can be very painful. Feel better and
    have a great wedding day.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
    aussiejono
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

aussiejono HB User

Take 2 Advil every four hours for pain/imflamation, and apply hydrocortisone cream three times a day

Closed Thread