It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board

• Source of numbness still unlearned

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #1
    lilused58
    (male)

lilused58 HB User
    Question Source of numbness still unlearned

Hey this might sound a bit crazy, but I am not imagining the pain and numbness and discomfort that has grown over the decades in my right thigh precisely beneath my right front pants pocket. It's an area about the size of that pocket (maybe about 5" x 4") that has gone severely numb, and (especially) when exposed to cold there is some pain there too. Please: have any other men experienced this problem??

BTW, there isn't even a trace of any unusual marking on my skin where the numbness is.

I have two theories on how this could have developed. The things that I have persistently carried around in that pocket are: silver coins, a couple of keys on a ring, and a butane lighter usually Bic. The malady I am feeling could be the effect of long long exposure to residual butane from the lighter. Yet my experience is that those kinds of lighters don't normally leak at all. But who can really say what is going on at the molecular level.

My other theory is that over the years, pranksters and rebels and terrorists have netted a minor thrill by exposing (U.S.) coins to radioactivity, and then putting them back in circulation. Of course, I keep pennies in the left pocket and there is no matching numbness on that side, so who knows.

Please post to this thread if you have experience or knowledge of a phenomenon like this one of mine. Many thanks!

Last edited by lilused58; 05-25-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: to mention absence of external marks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread