It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board

want some advice and insight

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
scot123
(male)

scot123 HB User
want some advice and insight

Had a cystoscopy done Sept 23 followed by ct scan with dye . discovered 20 mm tumour in bladder . is this big ? TURBT scheduled NOV 6 to remove the tumour . getting home care for a week to follow for the catheter . I'm 44 . is this big for a bladder tumour . I never saw blood in my urine . I gained 30 lbs last nine mths . everyone tells me I look the best I ever have yet I have cancer. Never noticed I had to frequently go to bathroom , ever. Now that I know I notice some pain in abdomen and joints but at the same time no more than I usually have . however I do notice I don't go number 2 very regularily . that which could explain pain in abdomen being gas . I have found this to be very hard mentally . will I be the same after this TURBT ? Is my tumour big ? I am going crazy with this .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
SamQKitty
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: want some advice and insight

Hi Scot,

20 millimeters is less than an inch, about 2 centimeters which is, I believe, not tiny, but not that large either.

The biggest concern with bladder cancer is whether or not it has invaded. If it's still in the transitional cells and hasn't invaded the lamina propria (layer between transitional cells and outer wall), it probably can be removed and nothing more may need to be done.

Unfortunately, you won't know much more until they actually get in there. Keep positive, don't expect the worst, take deep breaths, and come back after the surgery and let us know how you're doing.

Just to give you a sense of hope: I've survived both bladder cancer (TA, non-invasive) and haven't had a recurrence for 10 years. Also, I survived cancer of unknown primary (CUP) which does not have a good survival rate, but it's been 14 years since I finished all treatment. Just because it's labeled "cancer" doesn't mean it's going to be fatal!

Ruth

Old 11-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
SamQKitty
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

Probably won't be online tomorrow, Scot, so I just wanted to drop in and wish you the best of luck...best of results...on the TURB-T tomorrow.

Ruth

Old 11-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #4
hawk555
(male)

hawk555 HB User

hi hope your test ok i had a test today in bladder i have a small tumour in bladder the pain i have trying to pee is real bad i was given no meds regards.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
SamQKitty
Senior Veteran
(female)

Should have mentioned this before Scot had his surgery, but maybe it'll help you, Hawk. There's a medication called peridium that can stop bladder spasms and also make it a bit easier to urinate. People also usually need a dose of peridium right after bladder surgery, as the spasms can be quite painful. Do you have a date for surgery, Hawk?

Ruth

Last edited by SamQKitty; 11-15-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Closed Thread