It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board

Very scared and needing answers

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2016, 01:16 AM   #1
rachlexis13
(female)

rachlexis13 HB User
Very scared and needing answers

Hi all,

I'm really hoping that I can get some answers. I am so scared that something is wrong.

Last Tuesday, I was in the hospital. To put it simply, the doctors found that I had a kidney stone from my ultra sound and I am pretty positive I ended up passing it. I never caught it, but three hours after I had got home from the hospital that day, I had blood in my urine. When I say this, I do not mean a little. I mean a lot and what scares me is that there were some blood clots in my urine. When this happened, I had some very bad burning around my bladder area and the chills. So, I ended up going back up to the hospital that day.

While they were there, they ended up taking a CT scan and another urine sample. They found no kidney stones and everything seemed to look fine. The white blood cell count in my urine went up though and there was bacteria within it. So, they ended up putting me on antibiotic as they thought I had a UTI. My last day of taking this antibiotic is tomorrow. What is very strange though is that I got the results of my urine culture they took at the hospital and they said they found no infection, but that they thought the white blood cell count was up as a result of me passing the stone.

I have been feeling much better than before. My appetite has came back and there has been no blood in my urine. The only problem is that I still feel like there is urine still in my bladder. I can feel it when I press down on it and when I am walking around, this feeling is more frequent. I can pee fine too usually.

Anyways, I had my follow-up appointment with a urologist today and this is what really panicked me. I had a bladder scan after I gave a urine sample and the nurse said my bladder was completely empty even though I had that feeling. After, the doctor came in and spoke to me about the ultra sound and CT scan while at the hospital. Since I never caught the kidney stone, he can only assume it is gone because of the fact they could not find one on my CT scan. The one thing he was concerned about though is that on the ultra sound, they could never catch a photo of my left flow of my urine. Only the right flow. He brought up the idea of a bladder scope just to make sure that everything is fine. I am scheduled to come back in 6 weeks. He is not concerned of my state of being at this time so thought that it would be alright to have the bladder scope in 6 weeks time to see if my symptoms ease up.

I am terrified though because I've never had a bladder scope so I don't know what to expect and he also brought up the word tumor when listing off a couple of things that he wants to make sure that are not wrong. I am only 21 so he said that he highly doubts this is the case as it would be very rare for my age, but with the blood in my urine and this feeling in my bladder, he wants to make sure I am okay. I am so scared though. I was tearing up by the time I left the urologist and I already cried twice. I cannot help, but be paranoid that I have a tumor. The idea of it being cancerous makes my heart drop. Does anyone think these symptoms sound like it?.. I need some calming words to ease my worries. I can't help, but have anxiety over all of this. I can't calm down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #2
carolathequeen
(female)

carolathequeen HB User
Re: Very scared and needing answers

Did you have a cystoscopy?? Blood in my urine and test showed tumor.
Had it removed, then biopsy and am on bcg treatments.Stay positive, hard to do
but I know you can do it.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:39 PM   #3
rachlexis13
(female)

rachlexis13 HB User
Re: Very scared and needing answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolathequeen View Post
Did you have a cystoscopy?? Blood in my urine and test showed tumor.
Had it removed, then biopsy and am on bcg treatments.Stay positive, hard to do
but I know you can do it.
No, not yet. I'm scheduled on the 20th to have one next month. I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been through. I'll be praying for you that things will go alright for you.

The feeling of fullness in my bladder is not as strong lately. I don't feel it as much when I walk around and only feel it when I press down on my bladder. I take this as a good sign. I also have a pretty normal stream.

I'm just trying to keep hydrated and stay positive like you said. What is a cystoscopy like? I ask because I've heard it's pretty uncomfortable and I'm a big baby to pain haha.

Reply Reply