It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board

Requesting Info Re:Women with Bladder Cancer

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
Mauibound
(female)

Mauibound HB User
Unhappy Requesting Info Re:Women with Bladder Cancer

I'm presently undergoing my fourth time around with intravesical treatment for bladder cancer. The last two times were BCG. My first treatment put me in Remission for 2 years, and it was a medication starting with "m". Now I'm barely getting six months with BCG. My doctor is very quiet and mostly explains something when I ask a question, and his answers are not always clear. I feel like I'm flying blind. My cancer is small but aggressive. I'd like to have a game plan in case (before) it metastises. Can you tell me what Steps I should take to take charge of my condition? I can change doctors and I'm thinking about getting a second opinion once I am finished with this set of treatments. This is what's left of my life and I wish I knew the medical plan of action. I don't want to be led slowly by the hand to chemotherapy that may not work. I may prefer hospice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
renko
Veteran
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: Requesting Info Re:Women with Bladder Cancer

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had bladder cancer in 2009 and was checked with the cytoscope every year for 7 years and it was clear of a tumor. I would definitely get a second and third opinion and get someone to explain in detail what is going on. You might need someone to go with you and take notes. Please find someone who will communicate with you and tell you the stage of cancer you are in. Best wishes to you.

Reply Reply